Anyone been to Raptor Assault school?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gotten a lot of professional training but no matter how silly or boring the course may be I always come out with something new. I'd love to take the course and see what the electronics and techniques they recommend and use

Do it. Teach us or put a blog of your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:favorites13:BatRaptor,
It seems I'm the only one that has responded that has taken the course...
1) You spend about 30-40 minutes in the classroom to start...the rest of the time you are driving or a passenger with another raptor assault participant.
You learn the capabilities of the truck in slow speed first...30 degree side slope, cre
sting 45 degree hill, descent control, locking the diff, electronic capabilities/enhancements of the Raptor.
2) Slow speed jumping on the MMP LOORS track, left foot braking in corners to enhance weight on the front wheels, high speed cornering on the LOORS track
Lunch
3) you leave the MMP proper and cross onto a 900 acre cattle ranch track replete with a mile long twisting ravine. Initially slow then faster and faster; jumps are limited to 55 mph. But shooting back and forth through the ravine you don't even have time to look down to see haw fast you are going!
In all 7 plus hours of seat time, half driving, half as passenger. Believe me you learn from both positions.... as being on the high side of a 30 degree side slope isn't nearly as unnerving as driving on the bottom side.
The end of the day is two laps wide open, limited down to 55 at the jumps.
Worth it? Damned straight! I learned more in that 8 hours than I had expected or even hoped to learn. I've driven in sand for 42 years, never crawled, and lots of high speed sand driving; and learned so much in the one day that I want to return again. I suppose I could have taken the money and invested it in sigmoid disc encabulator linear obfustications but I'm glad I didn't.
Go for it!
Eddie

93cobra

Reaction score
Last year I did the Boss Track Attack at MMP and while we were there we did the 1/2 day raptor school. If you get a chance to go out there it is incredible. For those saying it's a waste of time/money it's pretty awesome to be able to have fun in a vehicle you don't own! I would much rather jump MMP raptor with no worry....! And instructor hot laps really demonstrate how incredible the trucks are and the abuse they can take.

Reaction score
I like the idea of an off road school but......

On the last Raptor run that I attended the more experienced drivers were more than willing to teach the less experienced (That would be me) and the non experienced (That would be the wife). I went on a run with 2 different drivers in two different trucks and got the basics. My wife did the same thing. The other drivers stressed that the course was not a race and to go at the pace that you were comfortable with. I did pull over once to let another truck by. Zero complaints.

I've found that Raptor owners are alot like most Jeepers... They love to show people things and answer questions.

It's your choice. (Rousch Creek in PA has a similar program but I think it's less $$$)

NDPUTNAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be pretty neat if this was included in the purchase of your truck. When I bought my Jeep SRT8 prior to this I had a track day included with the purchase. I learned so much and how far you can actually push certain vehicles. I am sure this is very similar!

OP
OP
B

Bat Raptor

Reaction score
Awesome.. thanks

:favorites13:BatRaptor,
It seems I'm the only one that has responded that has taken the course...
1) You spend about 30-40 minutes in the classroom to start...the rest of the time you are driving or a passenger with another raptor assault participant.
You learn the capabilities of the truck in slow speed first...30 degree side slope, cre
sting 45 degree hill, descent control, locking the diff, electronic capabilities/enhancements of the Raptor.
2) Slow speed jumping on the MMP LOORS track, left foot braking in corners to enhance weight on the front wheels, high speed cornering on the LOORS track
Lunch
3) you leave the MMP proper and cross onto a 900 acre cattle ranch track replete with a mile long twisting ravine. Initially slow then faster and faster; jumps are limited to 55 mph. But shooting back and forth through the ravine you don't even have time to look down to see haw fast you are going!
In all 7 plus hours of seat time, half driving, half as passenger. Believe me you learn from both positions.... as being on the high side of a 30 degree side slope isn't nearly as unnerving as driving on the bottom side.
The end of the day is two laps wide open, limited down to 55 at the jumps.
Worth it? Damned straight! I learned more in that 8 hours than I had expected or even hoped to learn. I've driven in sand for 42 years, never crawled, and lots of high speed sand driving; and learned so much in the one day that I want to return again. I suppose I could have taken the money and invested it in sigmoid disc encabulator linear obfustications but I'm glad I didn't.
Go for it!
Eddie

This is exactly what I was looking for.. thanks so much..

I'm sold, I'm gonna try to go Oct 14.. I think the $2000 I'll end up spending on professional instruction and really learning what the truck was meant to do, will be much better spent than a new bumper like everyone else does.. (that will have to come later)..

I promise I'll take notes and post some good pics and comments afterward for those who are still wondering..

Thanks again..

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I've been thinking out one of these since it's only about 30 minutes away from me.

RAPTOR SHORT COURSE AND DESERT "BLAZE" - Vore.com
Adventures In Las Vegas - Raptor Rampage - Vore.com

This looks perfect for the wife.. After I go to the SVT school I'll take the wife up to Vegas and let her learn a little bit from the VORE folks for a couple hours.. Once she gets bitten a little by the Raptor bug, she'll be much more generous for future outings and mods... heh heh heh..

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does sound like fun! Have a good time and take lots of notes! :)

I'd be game myself if it was about 12 hours closer and 1/3 the cost. Think I'll just save up for a future Raptor Run.