Anyone been to Raptor Assault school?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know a trophy truck weighed that much!

Okay, I think I agree with A.I.I. and Harblar. How much can you learn about real worls off-road driving in a "Park?" Take an experienced friend, go have fun out there, learn together, and compare notes as you go.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know a trophy truck weighed that much!

Okay, I think I agree with A.I.I. and Harblar. How much can you learn about real worls off-road driving in a "Park?" Take an experienced friend, go have fun out there, learn together, and compare notes as you go.

Ours weigh right at 6k dry.

That's how they work so well, super heavy, just pound through shit.

Back on topic, dirt driving schools seem like a good idea to me. I've watched good drivers in stock Raptors outrun ok drivers with lots of mods several times, so think of it as a mod.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not saying it wouldn't be good experience to take a class, but that seems like an awful lot of cash for a single day worth of instruction in a, more or less, stock truck you already own and drive on a fairly regular basis. $160 an hour and only some of it is actual hands on driving. Oof!

Guess it just depends on how much/beneficial you, personally, think professional instruction is to you.

DT 714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to the school……then…

Come to Raptoberfest and put on a clinic with all your new learned knowledge..!!

You could do a lecture and then show some skills/techniques you've learned that are applicable to the type of driving done at Raptoberfest….!!

I'm just sayin….

OP
OP
B

Bat Raptor

Reaction score
Wow.. this got ridiculous fast

Somehow you guys focused on one stupid word "trophy" and made this into a thread that has nothing to do with what I was asking.. I used the word "trophy" to mean treasured.. valued.. important to me.. (nothing else) Meaning I was saying I want a good education on how to best understand and use all the technology from the people who know it best before I do something in my ignorance that I shouldn't... :crazy:

A youtube search will quickly yield people doing stupid things with their raptors and destroying them because someone told them it could handle it..

Ford Raptor jumps 90 feet! - YouTube

I live in the desert, so there's no shortage of "experts" out here.. everyone has a truck and everyone has rolled something because they did something stupid.. I'm often best served to go to the source when I'm trying to learn something rather than a guy a who "tried this once and it worked once"

I hang out with a bunch of jeep guys who are really into slow speed crawling.. I realize that this is an F-150 and it's not designed to do the same stuff as a jeep, but the more I know about what its capable of based on the design, the more confident I can be in joining them on some of their outings. And before I go blazing down a river bed at 85mph, I probably ought to know if my truck can really take that..

So the Raptor Assault seems like a good place to get some info on all 3 phases of what the truck can do.. Crawl, Run & Jump..

What I'm looking for is any feedback from someone who actually went to the course..

Sooo.. this thread really isn't about "Trophy Trucks" its about the 1 day Ford SVT Raptor course.

Thanks

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to the course but professional instruction is something that I'd love to do. If nothing else it's going to a lot of fun and that's not a lot of money at the end of the day. I bet the skills that you learn will prevent you from breaking $1500 worth of shit on your own truck learning.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live 20 minutes from that track and it is pretty sweet. I think getting professional instruction is the best mod you can make to your truck. I haven't taken the course as I don't have a Raptor yes but my cousin, who used to work for MMP has taken it a few times and loved it. She says she learned a lot and had a blast! Do it and pick me up!! Lol

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think the consensus is the professional instruction would be great. You just need to do your own Cost/Benefit Analysis on it. To me, $1250 + flight + hotel + food out there is not worth it to me. $160/hr for an 8 hour class that isn't 100% drive time isn't worth it to me. If you think that cost is reasonable, you'll learn some things that will help you push the truck to its limits without breaking stuff.

cheapmike13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like trey said good drivers with bone stock trucks can out drive guys with mods out the butt. I'd day save yourself 1k and go to a TRR event. I myself always learn more offroad techniques every time I go

Sent from a banana