Anyone been to Raptor Assault school?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bat Raptor

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering dropping the $1250 bucks to spend a day at Miller Sports park this fall to spend a day at the SVT Raptor Assault school..

I really want to understand the technology better and learn how best to apply it before I take my trophy truck out and do something stupid.. :baby:

I'm curious if anyone else has attended and has any feedback on it before I start planning a trip to Utah..

Raptor Assault 1-Day School

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bat Raptor,
I attended last September and highly recommend the full day course you are planning. Do a search on Raptor Assault here and see others opinions...you'll love it!
Eddie

SVTRaptorNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really want to understand the technology better and learn how best to apply it before I take my trophy truck out and do something stupid.. :baby:

I'm not trying to rain on your parade but your not actually thinking the Raptor is comparable to a trophy truck right?

I mean if you drive it like a trophy truck it's most likely going to have some major issues down the line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ditto what SVTRaptorNY said. The SVT Raptor comes off the same production line as run of the mill F150s and is largely built from standard F150 parts. Drive it like a trophy truck and you will destroy it, guaranteed. I don't know what a trophy truck weighs, but I bet it's a fraction of the Raptor's 6,006 pounds.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I don't know what a trophy truck weighs, but I bet it's a fraction of the Raptor's 6,006 pounds.
Most are in the 6K range at race time

I'm seriously considering dropping the $1250 bucks to spend a day at Miller Sports park this fall to spend a day at the SVT Raptor Assault school..

Why not spend that $1250 plus airfare and hotel fare on gas in the dezert learning your truck? To me that's a lot of dirt miles learning what works for you and what doesn't 1st hand versus the few hours you'd get at a school

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a lot of fun, but I have to agree. $1250 + travel expenses for an 8 hour course (of which who knows how much time is actually spent behind the wheel). Seems pretty steep to me considering the only difference between your truck and there's is the roll cage and harness that their insurance agent likely said they had to have to teach the course.

I've not been to a Raptor Run yet, myself, but I would think it'd be a better investment to attend one and have a couple Veterans from around here help show you the ropes.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go for it mang, there is no substitute for professional instruction. Having a pro share their knowledge with you and critique what they observe you do is priceless. Good luck and have fun learning how to drive the Raptor offroad.