Any way to fix my steering wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SxFxZ

Reaction score
EB09D6B6-5E97-458A-90EE-CF7EE9B80680.jpg

Assuming this is from the sun...maybe just a little dirty too as seen on red stripe if that's not missing red sections. Anybody have a go-to interior cleaner? I just vacuum out the truck but could use a good cleaner and wipe down the dash.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like dirt to me. There's a thread on here about someone replacing the red piece if thats what you're referring to. If your talking the whole wheel, Try some serious leather restorer and rub the shit out of it to see if it will help clean it up. Otherwise, a new steering wheel and wash your hands would be my recommendation. My truck is over 4 years old and my steering wheel looks and feels brand new with proper upkeep. I use Mother's with great results. Good luck

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude, it's on the other side of the wheel where you can't see it. Screw it!!!

Seriously though, some warm water with dishwashing detergent in it to remove all the ground in oil and dirt. Then follow it up with some Adam's Leather Cleaner. Then follow that up with some Adam's Leather Treatment. You'll be good for another few years when you notice your hands get dirtier when you drive than when you work.....

OP
OP
S

SxFxZ

Reaction score
Dude, it's on the other side of the wheel where you can't see it. Screw it!!!

Seriously though, some warm water with dishwashing detergent in it to remove all the ground in oil and dirt. Then follow it up with some Adam's Leather Cleaner. Then follow that up with some Adam's Leather Treatment. You'll be good for another few years when you notice your hands get dirtier when you drive than when you work.....

Worked like a charm. Used some dawn and hot water on a wash cloth then some Loxol treatment to finish it off. I thought it was sun damage, little did I know it was just dirt!

90B95DCA-3F2F-4080-8C7E-E89D34F8EC45.jpg

FC99C46D-1DA2-4A7D-AA47-A758E78EDB78.jpg

Thanks for the help!

mpbowyer

Reaction score
Automotive glass is VERY UV resistant. Its why you don't' get a sun burn from a sunroof. You shouldn't see UV damage in a modern vehicle interior that isn't a convertible. Even with clear glass.

ckanderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i always wipe down my shifter, steering wheel, and other random touch points with wet car wash towels every time i wash my truck.

OP
OP
S

SxFxZ

Reaction score
Must have been the previous owner, I've only owned the truck for 2 months and wash my hands after work before going home. lol

After I cleaned it I wiped it down with Lexol
5E4D4AA5-AC1E-4656-B510-9F0E67F49A30.jpg

Did the seats while I was at it, and didn't even really have anything to wipe afterwards. I think the seats absorbed most of it.
F39B3BAD-AD6D-4390-AB0F-B72BB08402E0.jpg

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I miss my 2010 orange beast. I have a '13 now just no orange