Any interest in custom hood graphics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you put one on yourselves? I can tell you if you haven't done vinyl before it would be difficult for a newb. And going down the front part of the hood is very tricky too.

Bo's hood results motivated me to stop by my local graphics shop for an estimate. The guy told me it would be difficult, even for them, to get it down to the front of the hood, bubble free, due to the curvature of the hood. He also recommended using the vinyl used for 'complete' vehicle wraps, said it 'breathes' and will spare the paint down the road.

Quote:

Matte Black to edge of hood, like Bo's truck.

Vinyl: $210.00
Labor: $218.00

I passed for now.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bo's hood results motivated me to stop by my local graphics shop for an estimate. The guy told me it would be difficult, even for them, to get it down to the front of the hood, bubble free, due to the curvature of the hood. He also recommended using the vinyl used for 'complete' vehicle wraps, said it 'breathes' and will spare the paint down the road.

Quote:

I passed for now.

Watched the boys over at outlaw kustomz do mine in Tulsa, and it was probably 2 hr job with 3 guys. The curvature is a straight pain in the ass. That is the main reason i would guess why ford doesn't do it over the front edge. There is a ton of stretching and heating to do this. I got mine done in matte black for 200 bucks and that was due to both raptors got their hoods done.

YouTube - 2010 Ford F150 Raptor SVT DMH Exhaust Cutout Bypass

Go to about 1:40 if you want to skip to the front of the hood on video.... otherwise watch the exhaust cutout too.:birgits_tiredcoffee

Attachments

• vinyl.jpg
    vinyl.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score

Quote:

I passed for now.

the product they should use is called ControlTac. I was told is has fibrous material weaved in to the layer of vinyl and actually forms to the surface curves when it's applied. they tech said it 'crackles' when he applies pressure to it.

baiter joe

Reaction score
control tac is a 3m material made for car wraps, it has channels manufactured on the back side to allow for the air bubbles to escape. When I did my hood graphic we used soapy water to help align the graphic, I think it would be very hard to align without the use of water. Then we used a heat gun for the rest of the wrap. My photos are under vehicle mods.in the forum section. If you dont have graphic installation experience it would be worth paying the money to have it installed no second chances!!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread but any updates to this one?

I'd be interested if the price was right.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Late to the party! Damn it! I'd be partially interested as well, perhaps.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
never got enough interest back in the day, could probably pull it off now but i'm over it. sorry fellas.