Another pedal commander topic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have gone with a site sponsor - my wife ordered from amazon before I could get it from here and what a mistake. Service sucked- arrived 5 days late even with paying for fastest shipping and blew the birthday surprise.

Anyways...Entertaining. Here. It looks like a pedal commander.

20170502_192721_zpswlxuznsv.jpg

Last edited:

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im on the fence on this or the SVC tune. Please Post your thoughts on the PC, especially how it changes your impressions of the truck off road. After all, thats what its all about.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have both on my '14, they both do different things. the PC only changes throttle response, the tune will change more parameters.

Last edited:

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both on my '14, they both do different things. the PC only changes throttle response, the tune will change more parameters.

I can second this sentiment, I have both the Tune by SVC and the Pedal Commander on my '13 and they do different things.

I think if you are trying to decide on one over the other, personally I would stick to the Tune by SVC. That made the biggest improvement for overall drivability.

I got the Pedal Commander primarily to be able to tweak the throttle response when using Offroad Mode since the throttle response in that mode is sluggish (primarily to keep your wheels from spinning and loosing traction). I don't like my truck to do all the thinking for me though which is why I like the control of the Pedal Commander in that situation.

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I understood exactly which 5 star tune device to buy. Their website sucks and it's impossible to tell what does what.

Someone help me spend money

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I understood exactly which 5 star tune device to buy. Their website sucks and it's impossible to tell what does what.

Someone help me spend money

The research I did pointed me in the direction of the Tune by SVC. I think it is a great tune and haven't had one complaint about it.

I should note that with the Pedal Commander set at Sport+ with any rating greater than 2, the truck is pretty much undrivable (unless your goal is to spin your rear tires and redline your truck at every intersection). Just an opinion though, I am sure some people out there use that as their Sunday driving setting :)

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mean which tunes to get ... I mean which device... like I said, their site sucks.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Im on the fence on this or the SVC tune. Please Post your thoughts on the PC, especially how it changes your impressions of the truck off road. After all, thats what its all about.

It just changes throttle response. Lets use Sport ++4 setting as an example. You basically get WOT with 5% of your pedal travel. That's really all this thing is doing.

IMO it's more of a toy than anything. It'll definitely make you laugh, especially if you take it somewhere wide open, set it to ++4 and put your buddy or wife in the seat and don't tell them anything is different.

Also IIRC SVC is a proponent of both their tune and the PC working together.