Annoying front end Vibrations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like most here, vibrations and rattles bother me to no end. However, some you just have to deal with. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight on how to fix this, or if it's just something I'm going to have to live with.

Front setup is a bolt on SDHQ bumper. I have two 8.7 vision x HID's that when the windows are rolled down... Rattle. It's just enough that you can hear it when driving down the road and both lights and the bumper are firmly secure. Having never had exterior lights like this before... Is this common?

The lights have a bolt and lock washer under each. I'm afraid if I try adding rubber to it that it will just break away as I tighten down the bolt again...

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 167

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with that bumper but, I would look at the skid plate, mesh in the skid plate, and anywhere the bumper can come in contact with the body such as the front valance.

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the tips. Will try that this weekend

Is it common for the front end to vibrate some? If I hit it with my palm It vibrates the bumper itself which causes the lights to rattle. Not sure what to do as the bolts are tightened as tight as I can get them with hand tools

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt if the lights need any attention, but the bolts for the bumper might be tight, but the bumper may be "loaded", which means it might not be flush with the bumper brackets. I would try loosening the bolts, all of them, so the bumper is a bit loose, you may need a friend or two to help you, and then retighten all of the bolts evenly. Not tighten one side and then the other, but snug every bolt evenly, and then tighten. It's worth a try or contact SDHQ about it.