Allow me to reintroduce my Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He's back....and I think he's the 2014 hide and seek champion.

SO I get a call Saturday evening from CHP that they located my truck.

I asked what condition it was in and he said it looks fine but it's dirty...well yeah, sounds like my truck...lol

So he tells me where he found it and it's damn near just down the street from me in a neighboring neighborhood 4 minutes from my house.

When I got there it was locked, no visible damage, looks just like I last saw it just not in my driveway. So I open it up, look around and it's rifled through, and my wedding ring is still there...WOO HOO! They took a pair of sunglasses, a machete, some work gloves, a $1 from the door and the spare set of keys i leave in my truck.

I start it up just fine, no missing battery, VHF radio, Lowrance GPS, spare tire in the bed was all there and not tampered with.

So either someone was watching me, got in it somehow and found the spare keys and drove it to this location to rummage through it and just left it. Or someone has been watching me and captured my door code, but the neighbors where it was left are the ones who called CHP and they said it had been sitting there since last Sunday, when it was stolen. Still had almost no gas and about the same mileage that I can remember.

So if i can get it re-keyed I'm good to go.

Attachments

• Raptor_home.jpg
    Raptor_home.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 241

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. The alarm Noah installed in mine over the weekend looks likes it will be good. The primary attribute that will make worth it for me are the app for my phone. I can can neuroticly check to ensure I've armed it. The GPS tracking is easy but hopefully it will never be used.

Good to have you back. I think this is the first time I've ever heard of such a scenario.