Advice on Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrewP

Reaction score
Searched through reddit with a question on the value of a Raptor and found a poster that recommended this site. Question: looking to buy a used 2010 SVT, but it has 173,900 miles on it. I already know the basic questions to ask the seller (as well as use vehiclehistory to search its VIN and any past service records) but I have yet to find advice from owners who have driven a Raptor for so long. After VERY lightly browsing the maintenance forum, I've seen a somewhat common "issue" to look out for, the servicing of the shocks as well as the third tail light leaking. Any other issues I should know about for a truck that has that much on it? Tight budget has limited my choices, sadly. I can't lie, I would sell an organ or two for a brand new one.

Thanks,

Drew

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Searched through reddit with a question on the value of a Raptor and found a poster that recommended this site. Question: looking to buy a used 2010 SVT, but it has 173,900 miles on it. I already know the basic questions to ask the seller (as well as use vehiclehistory to search its VIN and any past service records) but I have yet to find advice from owners who have driven a Raptor for so long. After VERY lightly browsing the maintenance forum, I've seen a somewhat common "issue" to look out for, the servicing of the shocks as well as the third tail light leaking. Any other issues I should know about for a truck that has that much on it? Tight budget has limited my choices, sadly. I can't lie, I would sell an organ or two for a brand new one.

Thanks,

Drew
In addition to those threads have you checked out cars.com or other sites for good deals? With high of milage I will assume your budget is in the 20,000's. Deals can be had on cars.com for 2010 and even 2011 and 2012 trucks with milage above 100,000 at that price point. Basically, what I'm saying is that even though your budget is tight don't feel like you have to purchase the first truck you come across in your price point. Know the common issues to look for via research and look for a good truck at a great price. They're out there. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've driven both the 5.4 and the 6.2 and if you can get the 6.2, I'd get the 6.2

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk