Add fog lights $$$ trick while it lasts...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished my fog light install....

20170331_193818_zpsfbmz8bzx.jpg

Amazon.ca (not .com) has the actual rigid light bracket mispriced for $30.77 canadian (which is like $20 usd). Just got mine but the price keeps changing so as stick depletes can't guarantee the price will still be so low.

Rigid Industries 40235 Fog Light Bracket for Ford Raptor https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B007NKXF5M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_aEX3yb1SWRHVX

Now.... the rigid kit is a legit kit that ships with all mounting hardware, instructions and a complete wiring harness. (Do not attempt this with a fake Chino bracket)

To complete my cheapo install I picked up 4 Chino fake ip67 rated fog lights for a total of $38 canadian. The Chino fakey fogs ship with bare ends so I went to the local electronics wholesaler and bought 4 female connectors. The rigid kit harness ships with waterproof Deutsche DT 2 pin connectors so you can easily for an extra $12 kit out all 4 fake fogs with the correct plug and play connector turning your Chino gear into (more) real gear.

Now... before I hear any whining about how dare I blah blah use fake lights - sadly I'm a lighting designer by profession and basically spend my life figuring work arounds like this for the Film industry - finding low cost equivalents that have the same or similar performance to the real deal.

So there you go... for about $55 usd I installed a "hybrid" rigid fog light system. For good measure I installed floods for the outboard units and spots for the inboard.

Link to fakey lights...

Lightfox 2Pcs 4Inch 18W Spot LED Fog Light CREE Cube https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01M0V19ZL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_rLX3ybM00JH6Y

Lightfox 2Pcs 4Inch 18W Flood Cree LED Light Bar https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N0AXK4C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_kMX3ybPC606SG

And so there aren't too many tears, the giant light bar is a "real" baja designs unit. But remember- regardless of brand, real or "fake" all this stuff is made in the same factory in China.

Hope this helps someone! At the very least the rigid mounting kit is 75% off.

Last edited:

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great option for someone to save some $ but no shipping available to the US.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same lights are available on .com ... Are you sure it won't ship to the US for the rigid unit? I can help a member if someone is in need... I have both canadian and us addies.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same lights are available on .com ... Are you sure it won't ship to the US for the rigid unit? I can help a member if someone is in need... I have both canadian and us addies.
I put items in cart and moved as far as selecting a shipping location. Warning shows no shipping to US available. That's awesome you are willing to help out. It's a good option for someone that wants to save some cash and doesn't need to have the name brand lights. I'm interested but have every extra cent right now tied up in a wedding vowel renewal at Disney.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Dutch451

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, up to $92 now....

Some day I'll figure out lights without breaking the bank [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother carries rigid, I can help anyone get their stuff for an awesome price. Just send me a pm with a part number!

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like $20 usd?

No, not quite that low but can save lots of money on their products. Obviously the more expensive, the more the savings. I run rigid stuff and it was more than I wanted to spend until he got me pricing. Just wanted to throw a line out to people to let them know I can help them out. I'm assuming that Amazon fluke will get pulled soon if it hasn't already.