Abrupt fuel mileage drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ditchplains1

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Youch!
Ok! It was the air filter. I pulled it out and it weighed about 4 pounds! dropped it on the ground and a pile of dusty dirt...bought a new one and mileage back to 16 mpg. I changed it just before the Maine raptor run...Dirty Dozen III in Sept. I guess it reached critical restriction and the mileage plummeted.
I didn't mean to **** anyone off. I had considered dozens of possibilities, from the new tires to bearings failing in the front hubs/rear spindles. Just a coincidence that I had just changed the brake pads, recent alignment, new tires, balancing beads, dirty mass air sensor / failure, injector obstruction, etc. I was wondering what else I might have missed/failed to think of. I had looked at the air filter but had not taken it out. As soon as I started to remove the filter I knew how stupid I was. I swear it weighed 4 pounds! I got a pile of dusty dirt 4 inches high by tapping on the filter for a few seconds....
Sorry I angered anyone!
Eddie

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
Im getting 7-9 Miles to the gallon in the city 11 on the high way, how are you guys getting such good mpgs lol

OP
OP
Ditchplains1

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FordraptorHero,
Gentle pressure on the fun pedal! When I go to the beach, driving on the sand I get between 3 and 7 mpg's. Around town it's more like 14-15 mpg's unless I am very conservative! Premium is $3.45/gallon in my home town so I am pretty conservative most of the time. I get 18+ mpg's on the highway at 55 to 60 mph....
Eddie

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha damn. That's crazy where do you live?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i get 13mpg in town. cai otherwise stock.
15.9 on the highway was the best i have gotten so far, but when i did it manually it was 16.2

i was more being sarcastic in my op, sorry if i rustled anyones feathers.