85 and Lookin' Good.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen a thread on aged Raptors so maybe the newer owners would like to know what they have to look forward to in the coming years.

I have a 2011 SCREW at 85,000 miles. Although I don't use it off-road per se, I do drive on a rough dirt road daily going to and from my home. I average about 7 miles per day on this ever-changing dirt road with desert washes, ruts and lots of washboard. If my math is correct, I have close to 8000 miles on this dirt road.

Actually, I bought the truck expressly for this dirt road because I was tired of driving my F-350 Duallies into the ground. BTW, those Ford Super Duty trucks hold together much better than either the Chevy or Dodge dually trucks on that road and pulling horses. I’ve owned them all over the years and have to add that none are bad trucks.

I now drive that dirt road with the Raptor as if it was a freeway.

I have the usual mods: mid-perch, Methods w/ Toyo MT's, Stainless exhaust, CAI, 5-Star, BAK bed cover, various lights, etc., etc. I installed the mods as soon as I purchased the truck and I'm glad I did.

Anyway, as for the truck's condition. GREAT! I swear this truck gets tighter and rowdier with each mile. Without a doubt, the truck performs better now than it ever has in the past.

This truck has been, and continues to be, a fantastic truck and after all these miles, I still look forward to the next ride. It remains an absolute blast to drive!

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thread spirit, would really like to see a current picture of your truck. Any issues other than routine maintenance?

I had over 40,000 on my 2012, other than regular maintenance i had one tire air pressure sensor go bad!

Attachments

• IMG_7406.jpg
    IMG_7406.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2011 Screw with 84k miles. Should be putting a couple more thousand on it next week when we head to Georgia. Only issue has been it wouldn't start one evening and the shop ended up replacing a relay.

Attachments

• IMG_0590.2.jpg
    IMG_0590.2.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 60

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 Screw with 84k miles. Should be putting a couple more thousand on it next week when we head to Georgia. Only issue has been it wouldn't start one evening and the shop ended up replacing a relay.

* I must admit that when i worked for the local Sheriffs Office our fleet was Ford and they ran good, however they fell apart with interior quality!