From 6 ft under to 6 ft over - the story of a 2010 Raptor rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, what job field are you in that allows you to travel so much? I ask because I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do in a few years after college

Also really awesome project! I wish I had the know how and guts to tear down my truck and repair the hit and run damage lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, what job field are you in that allows you to travel so much...

I don't know if that should be "allows" or "forces" me to travel so much. It is enjoyable when there is some travel, but what I do is simply too much.

To answer your questions though, I am an Information/Cyber Security Consultant. I perform cybersecurity maturity modeling, help define security baselines and create maturity roadmaps for enterprise and corporate customers. I also give a lot of presentations and speak at forums on this topic. There simply are not enough qualified resources in this field so those of us with experience are kept quite busy. Forbes is saying by 2020 (two years) there will be 2.5 million more positions than qualified security resources to fill them.

So, I build vehicles to maintain my sanity. :crazy:

BTW, I have customers from Pascagoula, up through Jackson, and all the way north to Tupelo...so I find myself in Mississippi fairly regularly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the rear CLass III hitch/cross member, the new drive shaft (after finding the rearend bent I ordered a driveshaft too so I did not have issues down the road wearing parts) and the tailgate parts have all arrived. Now awaiting all the parts from the Ford dealership and the bed. We should soon be ready to begin the build in earnest.

OP
OP
A

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, now I have a few questions. I really like the monochrome look on white trucks, however, I cannot decide if I want to monochrome this one out (bumpers and flares) or do a two tone. My painter said if I did a two-tone it would look like an F150 and not a Raptor...so he does have a point. I really like the bronze Fuel ANZA wheels and absolutely love the Beast w/ Dark Tint. I thought about two toning using the Dark Tint color for the bumpers and flares to match the wheels, but the more I think about it, I think they would look sweet on a monochrome white Raptor vs just a set of black wheels. The original factory SVT wheels are currently on her, and I am just not a fan so I will be changing wheels. Lastly I have to decide if I want 18"s or 20"s and what my off-sets are going to be to not rub on 35x12/50s

I have attached some pics below of a monochrome Raptor and the wheels I am thinking about. I am completely open to suggestions...thoughts?

Attachments

• fuel-anza-1pc-bronze.jpg
    fuel-anza-1pc-bronze.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 44
  • fuel-beast-black-machined-face-double-dark-tint.jpg
    fuel-beast-black-machined-face-double-dark-tint.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 48
  • monochrome.jpeg
    monochrome.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 46

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, now I have a few questions. I really like the monochrome look on white trucks, however, I cannot decide if I want to monochrome this one out (bumpers and flares) or do a two tone. My painter said if I did a two-tone it would look like an F150 and not a Raptor...so he does have a point. I really like the bronze Fuel ANZA wheels and absolutely love the Beast w/ Dark Tint. I thought about two toning using the Dark Tint color for the bumpers and flares to match the wheels, but the more I think about it, I think they would look sweet on a monochrome white Raptor vs just a set of black wheels. The original factory SVT wheels are currently on her, and I am just not a fan so I will be changing wheels. Lastly I have to decide if I want 18"s or 20"s and what my off-sets are going to be to not rub on 35x12/50s

I have attached some pics below of a monochrome Raptor and the wheels I am thinking about. I am completely open to suggestions...thoughts?

I'm personally not a big fan of paint matched fender flares with the OEM front bumper. I do think matched flares look good with aftermarket bumpers.

Something like this in an option as well.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f41/2011-white-supercrew-virginia-53771/

Wheels:

I would recommend 18's if the truck is ever going to see dirt. Most people run 0 offset or higher.

The front shocks are adjustable (perch mod) to level the truck which is recommended to reduce/eliminate rubbing with a more aggressive offset. Check the threads in the Gen 1 suspension section for more info on that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

First I’d like to say thanks for doing this and sharing it. I enjoy seeing seeing stuff like this and it looks like this truck is in very capable hands.

I like the monochromatic appearance but I think the white needs some offset like the Gen2 trucks have with the flares. I think if you blacked / grayed out the flares and went with the darker wheels, it would look pretty decent.

OP
OP
A

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I tend to agree guys. Spent several hours on my iPad last evening (at the in-laws) looking at pictures and I think I am going with satin black bumpers and flares for easy touch-up after off roading trips.

Following advice I guess I will go with 18" wheels, but is it really worth changing size for an inch? I could just get new 17" wheels and run the existing BFG's until they are worn out and then get new Kumho KL71s in 35"s....

Decisions...decisions...