6.2L V8 Raptor = Collector's Truck?

Collectible or Not?

• Yes

Votes: 43 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 42 49.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Eventually it will, but I think it will really depend on condition of the truck because most of these trucks have been used like they were intended to and not garage kept with less than a 100 miles or something crazy. And if going by scarcity the 5.4 is probably a more rare vehicle, but the 6.2 could still be more collectible. No one will know until that time comes.

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the concept of "new" vehicles being collectible.

Years ago, on LS1GTO.com there were guys who bought those cars (04-06GTO's) and put them in storage, dreaming of rolling them across the block at auction someday.

To me it is poor investment and a poor use of the vehicle. The timespan is too long for something to be collectible. Buy the truck and use it, invest in stocks and bonds, real estate, etc. if you happen to keep the truck long enough (30 years?) then maybe by then yes, it will be collectible.

By the way, 2004 GTO's are sub $10k cars now unless in immaculate condition with very low miles. Not exactly collectible. Insurance and storage would have added up to over $10k by now. They wouldn't listen to reason though.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
So far we are at around 55k total, (you want exact, go check the production number thread) not including 14 numbers which won't be out until next year (id say over 20k) so 75k total might not be super rare, except when you compare it to the 700k f-150s rolling off the line in one year. :wizhuh:
But i agree with previous poster, don't expect it to go up, but chances are a street queen will maintain value...

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the concept of "new" vehicles being collectible.

Years ago, on LS1GTO.com there were guys who bought those cars (04-06GTO's) and put them in storage, dreaming of rolling them across the block at auction someday.

To me it is poor investment and a poor use of the vehicle. The timespan is too long for something to be collectible. Buy the truck and use it, invest in stocks and bonds, real estate, etc. if you happen to keep the truck long enough (30 years?) then maybe by then yes, it will be collectible.

By the way, 2004 GTO's are sub $10k cars now unless in immaculate condition with very low miles. Not exactly collectible. Insurance and storage would have added up to over $10k by now. They wouldn't listen to reason though.

I completely agree. Life is too short to just let a car sit in the garage.