6.2L Towing, gooseneck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assuming you're going with a tandem axle trailer. Depending on trailer axle placement, trailer length and weight, load weight, etc., you will need to have the bed weight calculated. I've pulled various gooseneck horse trailers (with my dually) and they will surprise you every time with how they are balanced and how much weight sits in the bed. With the right trailer, you might be able to get away with it but like others have mentioned, the truck may be a little light to be leading the charge even with great trailer brakes.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just be careful with the distance you keep between cars on the highway. I'm sure the total weight of what you are towing is over the rated towing capacity. If you get in a wreck and a lawyer finds out you were over the rated towing capacity, it won't matter if it was technically the other drivers fault - you will most likely be on the hook for the accident.

Not saying you can't do what you're doing, or shouldn't, but just a caution to be extremely careful (more so than you normally are).