6.2+5.4 How to externally tell the difference.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I figured out how to spot a 5.4L from a 6.2L and you don't even have to check vin numbers.....window stickers :) The 6.2L doesn't have fuel economy while the 5.4L does. You can spot these numbers a mile away.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. I said that back in post #18, on page 2 of this thread...

Oh darn,

Ya, I was cruising by the dealer and saw a Flame Blue sitting on the lot. So I got excited and pulled over. As I walked up I saw the fuel economy numbers and thought to my self, the 6.2s don't have that stuff posted.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark Grueber (F-150 Marketing Manager), is the other guy you're talking about. Jamal and Mark have both been great posting and pm'ing people. Mark checked my order for me, (through pm) one day at 8:30pm (his time) on a Friday afternoon!! Makes you proud to be a Ford owner. IMO, both sites and people, are a reliable source of data and fun.

YES, that is the guy! I sure hope they find us! If I had access over their (not sure why I got banned after two weeks and a dozen posts, maybe another DAN LOL) but anyways, a little birdie on their shoulder (private PM from someone with access) would be the way to go about it. They are indeed invaluable assets to have over here!!! Just sayin...

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI Mark has been here, signed up and been in communication with me. As far as I understand it, he plans to hang out here in the near future.

His username is "BuiltFordTough" so keep an eye open for him. I'm sure a PM to him here wouldn't at all hurt in encouraging him to stop by from time to time as well.