6.2+5.4 How to externally tell the difference.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So is there a visible difference between the two trucks or is this really an attempt to debate engine size?

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Oh my God people give it up already. are you all that insecure about your **** sizes that you just have to try to prove that the 6.2 is sooooo much better than the 5.4? I mean it's not like the 6.2 can go more places and do more than the 5.4 right? the only dif. is that it has a slightly bigger engine and it goes a little bit faster that is all. please just give it up already they are all FORD F-150 SVT Raptors in the end and that is all that should matter.

Darnit, I was hoping no one would put together my insecurity about my **** size and me wanting the bigger engine...

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Gheeze-o-pete! You guys are a bit touchy about the 6.2/5.4 issue <G>. ...(snip)... I also think that spending 2,250 on this motor is just a drop in a $43,000 bucket.

+1

Interesting info. Didn't know the 6.2 had a different firing order...

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To me, it looks like the 6.2 sits higher in the rear than the 5.4... but all I've seen is pics.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
There is nothing they could do to the Raptor to justify 6-7 months of waiting and th3 20,000 miles of pure driving experience I have been able to enjoy!!! I had to wait 8 weeks and I thought I was going to jump off a roof.

I've looked over both from the outside and everthing looks the same...the exhaust at startup even sounds more tame than the 5.4.

C'mon what is it already??

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I wanted to wait months (and possibly still be waiting) I would have.

But then you waiters wouldn't have had me and others to provide you the info on the Raptor that reassured you that it would be worth the wait. :D

I'm still waiting to read some offroad reports from 6.2 owners. You guys ARE going to take your Raptors offroad aren't you? Maybe you guys waited because you're primarily street drivers...

design_ssdd_cat_whFr.jpg

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh my God people give it up already. are you all that insecure about your **** sizes that you just have to try to prove that the 6.2 is sooooo much better than the 5.4? I mean it's not like the 6.2 can go more places and do more than the 5.4 right? the only dif. is that it has a slightly bigger engine and it goes a little bit faster that is all. please just give it up already they are all FORD F-150 SVT Raptors in the end and that is all that should matter.

EEEEEEEASY DJ.......surely you have read enough of Falcons' posts to know that in no way was he implying that the 6.2L was sooooooo much better than the 5.4L. Some of these guys have waited soooooo long and read sooooo many of our posts about driving the Raptor that I am positive the size of grin that they will be wearing will be much larger than their.........well, you know! (and not just because of the engine) I don't think any of the above comments were intended to start a debate over the two engines. Just my .02

FSM

P.S. Dan, definitey the window sticker........two black Raptors on the lot, equipped identically (everything but graphics) with the exception of the engines. 45,676..........53,675 you can definately tell which one has the 6.2L!!