5* tune vs Off Road Mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c19dale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2014 SCREW with a 5* 93 octane performance tune. When I activate "Off Road" mode, does that override my 5* tune and in essence use a stock ford tune for off road? I ask because it seems like my 5* tune is much more responsive and powerful than when I select off road mode. Getting ready for the TRR and want to keep the traction control and lockers where I want them at high speeds, but don't want to loose my tune if I am in off road mode.

Does that make sense? or am I just crazy?

- Chris

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed them similar questions a few months back; from my understanding their tunes are designed to work "with" the various modes. i.e. off road, tow, and street.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got 5 Star, and the tune is still there when in off road mode. They designed it that way. The only thing that is a little different is when you are in tow mode, but that is just some trans shift points (I think).

Go out and give her hell - it will be there for you!!!