4 Wheel Parts Performance Center

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these people? I've been given information by them on two different things that is contrary to information given in this forum. First I was told they would have to add a relay to connect my light bars. More recently they told me they can't raise my truck to mid perch and that they would have to use a leveling kit to level it. Both options were significantly more expensive than doing it the way described here. The leveling kit in particular seems to be a big no no and could even damage my truck. I could be wrong, but it seems like they are just trying to milk more money out of me. I have a $300 gift card and I am wanting to use it to have a tuner put on, but I don't want to use a dishonest company for something such as that. Thank you in advance!

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these people? I've been given information by them on two different things that is contrary to information given in this forum. First I was told they would have to add a relay to connect my light bars. More recently they told me they can't raise my truck to mid perch and that they would have to use a leveling kit to level it. Both options were significantly more expensive than doing it the way described here. The leveling kit in particular seems to be a big no no and could even damage my truck. I could be wrong, but it seems like they are just trying to milk more money out of me. I have a $300 gift card and I am wanting to use it to have a tuner put on, but I don't want to use a dishonest company for something such as that. Thank you in advance!

4Wheel Parts here locally installed my Vision X Solstice lights in the rear bumper and ran them to the upfitter switch no problem. Nothing extra needed. Sounds like your local one is less than knowledgable. With the Rubicon an hour away and all the Jeeps and rigs they do here they know their shit but that may vary by location.

PS do the mid perch in your driveway I used RPG's video here and only took an hour:

By the spring compressors from Sears for $50 Craftsman and then a couple jack stands from harbor freight for $30 and you're only $80 and some time versus $300 plus from a shop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
okieff218

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4Wheel Parts here locally installed my Vision X Solstice lights in the rear bumper and ran them to the upfitter switch no problem. Nothing extra needed. Sounds like your local one is less than knowledgable. With the Rubicon an hour away and all the Jeeps and rigs they do here they know their shit but that may vary by location.

PS do the mid perch in your driveway I used RPG's video here and only took an hour:

Yeah I watched that video, but some of the comments scared me off. Also I'd have to come up with the tools. There is a place here that will do it for $428 counting the alignment so I'll probably just go that route. Still have that $300 I have to use at 4Wheel Parts though. I would love to have a tuner but not sure I trust them now.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow I had a local shop charge me $100 to do my perch adjustment. Luckily I was a referral and all of us happened to own Raptors. Cash changed hands and it's ridden like a dream ever since.

All that aside though, I've used 4wheelparts on 2 occasions. To install a rear bumper and I ordered a tonneau cover through them. Though I can't speak for their electronic expertise, their mechanical seems to be spot on. They're a good place to get stuff done in my opinion, and definitely not a bad alternative to a dealer.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most 4 wheel parts shop guys I have talked to here in FL is the same as the other FL offroad shops. They are all about Lift kits and the likes. know nothing about mid travel and long travel setups.

If your upfitter circuit is rated for more than the load of the light you do not need a relay it already is equipped with one. Now if you want to run a 40 amp load on the 10amp upfitter you need a relay setup installed

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most 4 wheel parts shop guys I have talked to here in FL is the same as the other FL offroad shops. They are all about Lift kits and the likes. know nothing about mid travel and long travel setups.

If your upfitter circuit is rated for more than the load of the light you do not need a relay it already is equipped with one. Now if you want to run a 40 amp load on the 10amp upfitter you need a relay setup installed

Very true, they need to wire to the correct upfitter switch depending on amps.

OP
OP
okieff218

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I ended up wiring it myself. All I had was four fogs and a 20". He said they always use a relay in case you forget and leave the lights on which doesn't make since to me since the unfitter switches aren't hot unless the truck is on.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ended up wiring it myself. All I had was four fogs and a 20". He said they always use a relay in case you forget and leave the lights on which doesn't make since to me since the unfitter switches aren't hot unless the truck is on.

Yea that guy had ZERO idea what he was talking about as a relay has nothing to do with the lights going on or off with the truck ignition.