GEN 1 4 Wheel Launch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiggyB5000

Reaction score
So i am very interested in actually taking my '14 Raptor to the drag strip, just got a Catback, K&N kit and Superchip porgrammer. As we all know, trucks aren't good off the line since all the weight is at the front and there RWD so they just spinin' and you ain't winnin'. So i was wondering if it would be safe to launch it in 4x4 at the strip, no turning or nothing. If anyone has gone underneath there raptor they will notice the massive transfer case and how heavy duty it is and the front drive shafts are. So i would think it would be safe to do a couple times since you're only gonna be doing around 90mph and i'm not putting 700bhp to the drivetrain. But i would really like to hear from you guys and see if you think it's safe.

(FYI, first time posting, so sorry if it's in wrong place)

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The IWE's aren't all that strong on these things. Maybe a little weight placed over the axles would be a better alternative......

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So i am very interested in actually taking my '14 Raptor to the drag strip, just got a Catback, K&N kit and Superchip porgrammer. As we all know, trucks aren't good off the line since all the weight is at the front and there RWD so they just spinin' and you ain't winnin'. So i was wondering if it would be safe to launch it in 4x4 at the strip, no turning or nothing. If anyone has gone underneath there raptor they will notice the massive transfer case and how heavy duty it is and the front drive shafts are. So i would think it would be safe to do a couple times since you're only gonna be doing around 90mph and i'm not putting 700bhp to the drivetrain. But i would really like to hear from you guys and see if you think it's safe.

(FYI, first time posting, so sorry if it's in wrong place)

repost tomorrow after you are sober

D

Deleted member 12951

Do it. It should be fine. You can run 100 MPH all day in 4WD. I'd try it in 2WD first though. You might just hook up.

Need to put it in off-road mode to keep the diffs locked at that speed. I noticed that it was difficult to get it out of 3rd gear when gunning it. I was on a lake bed and it seemed I couldn't get past 100 fast enough when in off-road mode, it kept the gears longer than I anticipated.