37" spare tire in the stock location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not that I really give a shit, but 3/4 of this thread about fitting a 37 in the stock location is about exhaust systems, how they sound, and whether or not they are true duals. Derail, much?:ROFLJest:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Thanks! At least we initially answered your question, and then took it sideways. Sometimes you're not that lucky.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh, I see. Thanks again for the pic. As far as you know the spacing side to side on the frame isn't an issue, just the two frame horn sections you had to cut off? I might have to take the factory bumper off, cut the sections you noted, and fab something up to incorporate a bumper and hitch combo.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Looking to do the Toyo M/T under there which I think might be a touch bigger than the BFG. It's got the Roush exhaust. Not sure how that routing compares to stock or the Corsa.
The stock exhaust becomes "stacked" on top of each other as it rises over the rear axle and post the spare tire. Just before exiting the body of the truck the pipes turn to be side by side.

Most aftermarket exhaust with the factory exit maintain a side by side configuration as it passes past the spare tire. Meaning even a stock tire is much closer, if not touching with the aftermarket setup. I've wrapped my exhaust as @Madcowranch mentioned above to keep my SW "true dual" exhaust from melting my spare add it currently touches.
(YMMV).

Btw - both these topics deserve to be in other threads that already exist.

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that have gone to 37's...

... Can you still keep a 37" spare under the bed in the factory location???

I REALLY want to go to 37's but not having a same size spare makes me go hmmm. Id prefer NOT having to have a bed mounted spare if I dont have to.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Multiple threads merged.

Here is the best description of how to get a 37 to fit under the bed:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/gs-raptor-14639/index6.html#post233746

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Not that I really give a shit, but 3/4 of this thread about fitting a 37 in the stock location is about exhaust systems, how they sound, and whether or not they are true duals. Derail, much?:ROFLJest:
Fixed. Made a new thread in the exhaust section discussing Jimbo's setup.

OP
OP
D

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After several months of having my 37 km2 in the bed, I test fit it up under. It fits pretty well, 3/4 of an inch to my factory diff cover, and a little tighter around my exhaust. Tomorrow I will see if I can bend the tailpipe mount some to get an inch of clearance, or I will cut it to the top of the axle. I have the Borla muffler and love the sound with no drone and would hate to ruin that by going to turn downs.

CAraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had mine 37" spare under the bed and my aftermarket exhaust was to close and melted it; so be careful. SVC completely stood behind their work and replaced the tire (no charge) and it is now in my bed.