25 Days Later . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
Finally got my truck back last night. All told it was in the shop for 25 days (1/6 - 1/31)

They ended up replacing the PCM, which took forever as they had none available. I think (as in I speculate) that the issue is one arising out of the PCM supplier having made a run of defective units, which caused Ford to distrust the stock on hand. As such, my truck sat until they had new units they could verify as good.

Further, the rear-end bind / clunk / wrap / obnoxious groaning noise problem on stopping and accelerating from a stop has been cured. Problem there was solved by lubricating the slip-yoke. Wow what a HUGE improvement that yielded, as the problem was really an irritating one. So for all the people who have that issue, take it in and insist they lube the slip-yoke. It will cure the problem.

I will say that, despite the hassle that attached to having my truck in the shop for a month, I have nothing but nice things to say about Ford's response to the situation. After a few days I was contacted by the customer service manager for the SoCal area. He swapped out my Kia Rio rental car for a Dodge truck, and then informed that Ford would be reimbursing me the pro-rata value of one-month's payment, and giving me their top-tier extended warranty. On top of that, I incurred some pretty significant penalties with the DMV because I could not complete the registration process without bringing the truck to the DMV. Ford is paying those too. There was no hassle in getting them to step up on this stuff--they volunteered to do so.

So, while the whole thing was unfortunate, Ford has done its best to make it right (which goes a long way with me), and I remain a happy customer.

Last edited:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out man.

Whew, that's a long time to be without your new truck.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BOsponses to your story...

Problem there was solved by lubricating the slip-yoke.

This seems to be becoming a common theme amongst Raptor owners. I wonder if owners of other Ford trucks go through the same thing very often....? (I'm sure pirate air or one of the Ford Tech guys here could answer that.)

...makes me wanna go have my slip yoke lubed just as preventative maintenance. Well, there is that, plus.... Well let's just say lube has never done me wrong. We're old friends and it enhances virtually any situation.

Ford is paying those too. There was no hassle in getting them to step up on this stuff--they volunteered to do so.

So, while the whole thing was unfortunate, Ford has done its best to make it right (which goes a long way with me), and I remain a happy customer.

That's the important part of this story. Ford stepped up to the plate and did their best to make a bad situation better. Ford treated you like Lube would have, therefore, Ford=Good. It's Science.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
All things mechanical will have problems at some point. How a company responds to those issues is what determines a good company from a bad one. Sounds like Ford is stepping up and making it right.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear everything worked out!

Sounds like T Robins took care of you... Except for the Rio :)

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin, I was about to call you for an update, to see if you had your Raptor back.
Brother I'm glad they stepped up and took care of you outside the actual truck repair.

Thanks again foryour business,
randy

OP
OP
kglesq

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
...makes me wanna go have my slip yoke lubed just as preventative maintenance. Well, there is that, plus.... Well let's just say lube has never done me wrong. We're old friends and it enhances virtually any situation.

. . .

Ford treated you like Lube would have, therefore, Ford=Good. It's Science.

As a fellow scienctician, I find your logic to be unimpeachably cromulent. Indeed, it follows in the grandest tradition of logical deduction:

YouTube - She's a witch!

OP
OP
kglesq

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
Glad to hear everything worked out!

Sounds like T Robins took care of you... Except for the Rio :)

That wasn't T Robins fault--I lay the blame for that one on Enterprise. Steve was great--kept me apprised and never sought a restraining order when I started stalking him towards the end.

Kevin, I was about to call you for an update, to see if you had your Raptor back.
Brother I'm glad they stepped up and took care of you outside the actual truck repair.

Thanks again foryour business,
randy

Thanks Randy. They really did step up. Ironically, the experience has made me a bigger Ford fan than I was before. As others noted above, mechanical / electronic problems will happen in the best of products when they're (1) complex and (2) brand-new to market. Moreover, logistical problems may conspire to make those mechanical / electronic problems a bigger deal than they ought to be. I accept those postulates as facts of life. The critical thing is how a company responds to rectify the damage done to its customer as a result of those issues, and Ford more than met my expectations in its response.