2018, 10 speed auto into 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstennes

Reaction score
I have a 2013, I’ve been kicking around some ideas, 10 speed, or a Gen 2 Coyote with a 10 speed? To me the 6.2 is a solid power plant, that I think could be better if kept in the meat of its power, the 10 speed does wonders for the eco, and the 5.0 liter had the 10 speed, why not the 6.2, just kicking out ideas.
Thanks

Last edited:

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013, I’ve been kicking around some ideas, 10 speed, or a Gen 2 Coyote with a 10 speed? To me the 6.2 is a solid power plant, that I think could be better if kept in the meat of its power, the 10 speed does wonders for the eco, and the 5.0 liter had the 10 speed, why not the 6.2, just kicking out ideas.
Thanks
MGD said they are coming out with a 7 liter v8 in 2019 so just wait. Lol

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
MGD said they are coming out with a 7 liter v8 in 2019 so just wait. Lol

I know, but how much, and how many? I’m thinking for now maybe the 10 speed, then either the new 2nd gen coyote or the 7 liter, you can get allot of power from the coyote.

ETA, think about it, even a 6.2 with either 4.56’s or 4.88’s with the 10 speed would be a monster. That would be a Gen 2 Raptor/3.5 eco killer.

Last edited:

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, but how much, and how many? I’m thinking for now maybe the 10 speed, then either the new 2nd gen coyote or the 7 liter, you can get allot of power from the coyote.

ETA, think about it, even a 6.2 with either 4.56’s or 4.88’s with the 10 speed would be a monster. That would be a Gen 2 Raptor/3.5 eco killer.
I was just kidding, MGD is an idiot.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The engineers who designed the 10 speed gave it a plastic transmission pan.
This, on a high horsepower, high speed off-road truck.
Said pan leaks.
It says volumes.

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Said pan leaks.
It says volumes.
You should write a letter to the NTSB and let them know the dangers of such a public menace on the road.

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
Said pan leaks.
It says volumes.

I would add a different pan anyway, but what is the down side honestly? It would allow me to gear down, but still have a respectable highway manners. The three overdrives would be nice with 4.56 or 4.88’s.