2017 Raptors insane markup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi guys just joined to toot my horn because I am very upset.I like the 2017 Raptor a LOT! Unfortunately its SUPPOSEDLY still too high in demand,I have contacted 15 different Ford dealers in Southern California and ALL are asking $10-15-25k over msrp!!!One thing is certain:I am NOT paying ANY markup on a truck already approaching $60-75k from the factory,are these guys smoking crack that they think they can bamboozle me into paying $80-90k otd? Lets pretend for the sake of discussion that I smoked some crack and actually agreed to pay their full asking price.Won't the Bank or Financing Co.say "hey how can this truck this guy is buying go from a msrp of $62,000 to $77,000 is he getting $15k in dealer installed options?"it would very likely cause them to reconsider the interest rate due to "high possibility of default"or not even grant the loan altogether? Also the INSURANCE issue in case the vehicle does get stolen by some Mexican Drug Cartel members and taken South of the border or totaled because I was playing Baja 1000 too hard,my insurance will only pay the book value without the added markup thus making the payoff $15-20k short,I do know its possible to BUY additional coverage but not for free,about $80-100 a month additional for gap insurance.A dealer salesman in Fontana was the most reasonable,he said"I can notify you about our Raptor inventory after market has softened,but riight now it is still too volatile"I have just about given up altogether in searching and have considered buying out of state but it is sort of complicated as I have a trade in and need the vehicle to be CA emmissions compliant etc.If Toyota,Chevrolet,Dodge Ram or Nissan come out with a direct competitor to this truck I would seriously consider them as long as they dont play Ford Dealer's stupid games.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
California Tax, bro

I got my 801a $1k under MSRP for around $57k (in Maine)

Suck it up, or buy from a different state and have it shipped.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's two years of pent up demand for this truck. You're going to have to wait if you want to get a good deal on one.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I encourage you to pay well over MSRP so the residual on my truck stays very high. As stated above, Kalifornia tax. Why people insist on living there is beyond my comprehension.

marcomilano77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I encourage you to pay well over MSRP so the residual on my truck stays very high. As stated above, Kalifornia tax. Why people insist on living there is beyond my comprehension.

02d32637f7a41475201c3c0a18d853b0.jpg

Weather is nice around here ☝️ [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a high demand vehicle. Dealers can charge what they want.

Want one but don't want to pay ADM? Wait. Seems like there's enough people in Cali that are willing to pay said ADM to rock the truck either in the desert/Starbucks.