2016 SVT Raptor will have "400+ HP" 3.5L EcoBoost, weigh "less than 4,600 lbs"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are saying this "EcoBeast" might be the EcoBoost applied to the 5.0L V8... I could see 450-500hp there... with even more torque.
Heard basically the same the other day from a Ford salesman, "5.0L w/twin turbo's and pushing 500 HP" but I didn't hear it from him.
Actually he knew his stuff on the Raptor and the 3.5L Eco.

I will say though the 2015 F150's are really nice. Better displays, much better dash storage, more storage in the doors, bed lights are cool, trailer connections moved up to the bumper like they should've been, rear camera moved up to tailgate handle (will help keep it cleaner longer), 360 camera view, tailgate auto lock/unlock, damn a new Raptor in 16 may be hard to pass up!

Last edited:

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was plenty of speculation on the EB engine long before HPK regurgitated it.

They're better than a 1000 lbs. off on the weight. That alone calls into question the credibility of the site and its "sources"