2016 SVT Raptor will have "400+ HP" 3.5L EcoBoost, weigh "less than 4,600 lbs"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackReef

Reaction score
Source: 2016 SVT Raptor to run 400 HP EcoBoost 3.5L, weigh 4600 lbs

OK, if this is true - is that the weight of the scab or screw? How much more will the screw weight?

Also, could Ford give us a 5.0L option? I know the 3.5L makes sense with all the lost weight - it will be faster than the current 6.2L with less HP because of the incredible weight savings. According to this article the Raptor will be losing 1500~ lbs.

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no ******* way they're going to shave 1400 -1500 lbs. which brings into question the credibility of the source. That site is known for propagating garbage to serve as click bait anyway.

And I'm all but certain the EB will be an option at best. The Raptor needs a V8 to realize our vision of what a Raptor should be.

Last edited:

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Source: 2016 SVT Raptor to run 400 HP EcoBoost 3.5L, weigh 4600 lbs

OK, if this is true - is that the weight of the scab or screw? How much more will the screw weight?

Also, could Ford give us a 5.0L option? I know the 3.5L makes sense with all the lost weight - it will be faster than the current 6.2L with less HP because of the incredible weight savings. According to this article the Raptor will be losing 1500~ lbs.

If I had to guess, you can't shave 1500 lbs with an aluminum body and smaller block.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the current raptor already having composite hood and fenders I dont think u can shave that much weight in the body with aluminum. Yes replacing the iron 6.2 with a little V6 will reduce some weight but not that much with the turbos, ic, and IC piping....unless they skimp on the suspension and other parts too there is no way it could be sub 4600 lbs....

I do think the next raptor is going to be an ecobeast tho. Increased travel would be nice too

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I call BS no way they will put a V6 in a Raptor

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk