2016 Snoball Preparations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2015 Snoball is in the past and was an awesome experience. Learned a lot! I've had the privilege of attending all three Snoballs and realize something that is a MUST HAVE (in my opinion) every year.

Now with help from forum vendors I'm in need of a few items that I had to borrow for this year's run.

I'm wanting the following for my recovery/extra stuff gear:

1. 2 Bubba Rope Gator-Jaws

2. Newest version of the OBD2 Bluetooth ELM 327 (Version 2.1 or higher) Scanner

3. 2 Pak 3/4" Heavy Duty Recovery D-Ring Shackles

4. Straps for extractions - I have Bubba Ropes but am wanting recovery straps for those situations that don't benefit from the Bubba Rope and are in need of straps.

5. (Saved for later Must-Haves) - Feel free to input your items in any replays...

I know I can get them on eBay but would prefer to support my FRF Brotheren.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could get those things from our Delta running mate @Rookie or support driver @IRONMAN just to throw out a few suggestions. Good idea supporting FRF peeps.

Hope to see you again next year. Three in a row for us too. If you ever run short on gear anywhere near my truck I'm sure what you need is in there. Pretty sure I have some of everything recovery related in there now.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This was the first time I was able to utilize my winch to extract my truck or another truck. Honestly, best investment I've made on it.

You have some good choices above.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Bussy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It borders "must have"...trucks that used the KC Cylcones inside the cabs through the tinted back windows were difficult to see in the heavier snow dust conditions. Trucks that had amber lights mounted outside were much safer to follow.

Certainly there were good, better and best type of rear facing ambers based on lumens, color and location...but sticking to the OP's start to "must have", I wanted to toss the "rear facing ambers must be mounted outside of vehicle" out for debate.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It borders "must have"...trucks that used the KC Cylcones inside the cabs through the tinted back windows were difficult to see in the heavier snow dust conditions. Trucks that had amber lights mounted outside were much safer to follow.

Certainly there were good, better and best type of rear facing ambers based on lumens, color and location...but sticking to the OP's start to "must have", I wanted to toss the "rear facing ambers must be mounted outside of vehicle" out for debate.

This is very true. Even outside I realized that the Cyclones aren't as bright as the vertex. I ran my rear facing duallys with amber covers this year and left my vertex on strobe for emergencies.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I don't know....I was in the front. Lol....

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 4 KC's outside seemed to work well up high. Better with them spread out as you could see at least 1 verse the two in the center that got blocked more often. Next year I am also going to do two cubes or cannons with ambers mounted to my bakflip for use during the day white out conditions.

I would go with the SouthWest overland soft shackles over the Bubba as the bubba has a name tax. Same for the recovery rope. My 1" Southwest worked great and was a much better price than the Bubba. Roger can hook you up..

Also I would include a spray bottle with Ice melt. I used the hell out of it on this run.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score