2016 [2017*] Raptor test mule spy shots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marshallpulham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ew it looks like a Nissan Titan vomit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

The original 7 photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the right guy does wonders. However, I've seen lesser folks attempt it and the results were worse than where it started. This too, all depends on how thick the paint is going to be, if Ford goes too thin, it will be prone to cracking when working the dent (even if heated) - I'm sure they'll get it right, but just not something I'm a huge fan of.

I'll give you a dollar if you can push out my Mountain Dew can dents and make it like new :ROFLJest:

I love when people who know nothing speculate about something especially something that cost Ford millions/billions in terms of risk and forward thinking.

Instead of giving Ford credit for being out in front using aluminum for their most profitable vehicle in an attempt to meet the really tough, restrictive Federal MPG regulations you're bagging on Ford "if Ford goes too thin."

Sorry I'm being tough on you but if this is all you've got to "contribute" it might be better if you just kept your negativity to yourself.:buttkick:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I love when people who know nothing speculate about something especially something that cost Ford millions/billions in terms of risk and forward thinking.

Instead of giving Ford credit for being out in front using aluminum for their most profitable vehicle in an attempt to meet the really tough, restrictive Federal MPG regulations you're bagging on Ford "if Ford goes too thin."

Sorry I'm being tough on you but if this is all you've got to "contribute" it might be better if you just kept your negativity to yourself.:buttkick:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I'm purely speaking from my own experience with aluminum. I personally don't care about fuel mileage... So not too worried about weight savings. Also, the only thing I'm happy about with ford going aluminum is my Alcoa stock.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jimbo,
There will be a learning curve; it will not be too steep. The paintless dent guys will have no problems.
Eddie
ps You can fix the dents in your Mtn Dew can with water pressure; or a pencil and eraser! Did it in college 35+ yrs ago...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jimbo,
There will be a learning curve; it will not be too steep. The paintless dent guys will have no problems.
Eddie
ps You can fix the dents in your Mtn Dew can with water pressure; or a pencil and eraser! Did it in college 35+ yrs ago...

Ditchplains! You watching the Showtime series, "The Affair" ? It's all about Montauk.

zero2espect

Reaction score
there is no way that the most famous high end truck in the world will not be coming back. every manufacturer on the planet is trying to emulate. it's going to be a super or turbo charged v8 because that's the ONLY way to get it past the emission standards and yet give the performance and experience that is the trademark of the brand. the euros learned this years ago with their more agressive eco standards. i'm not fretting because I know the next Raptor will still be insane (i'll wager even better high end performance is they go the right direction with the engine).

i know the baja thing keeps on being brought up....but....i cant see ford risking the millions of $$$ riding on the raptor brand just because of the baja rules that don't have to comply with eco standards. i'd wager on factory teams running na tuned motors or heavy politicking for standards changes.

i can't wait for 2016 to roll through so i can do an upgrade....and i have a completely different prism of view than you USA guys atm. let me lay it down for you. a standard f150 xlt (v8 + limited additional options as standard e.g. chrome, skids, etc) here in the gcc is QAR135k. A FX4 (v8 + fully loaded) is QAR145k. A Raptor (they only come fully loaded with Lux pack+) is QR255k....so we're getting killed on "brand pricing" but i'm still wearing the t-shirt that says "Raptor! **** and take my money". yes the difference between a FX4 and a Raptor here is USD$30k