2016 [2017*] Raptor test mule spy shots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
You know what I mean.

Kind of like taking a Lambo rally racing...

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know what I mean.

Kind of like taking a Lambo rally racing...

lol funny you should mention that there was a guy that took his "custom" tuned enzo swimming during the newfoundland targa rally from my home town a few years back, but he has more money then brains :hidesbehindsofa:

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mining equipment, Logging trucks, long haul trucks, most construction equipment, run on turbos.

Gas motors on vehicles have had turbos on them since the 1970s so there is also a very large amount of data to pull from. Remember the turbo was patented in 1905 so its far from a new technology.

I know guys with Subarus with over 200k on the clock on stock turbos with zero turbo issues. Some of those Subarus are track day cars AND daily drivers so they get the **** driven out of them all the time. I honestly do not see why these cars run just fine with turbos and a Raptor wouldnt. A couple extra bumps and some extra dirt in the mix isnt going to destroy a turbo.

Some guys just cant get over the fact that the big gnarly V8 is starting to be a thing of the past.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I have a guy at work that has a Subaru that did some weekend rally races - he's gone through 3 engines... but the same turbo.

The issue I have, I'm not buying for fuel economy. I'm buying for pretty good power, but long term reliability over many different areas of daily driving and off-road abuse. I don't like direct injection, from a carbon and clogging issue, and I'd rather have a gas guzzling V8 than a turbo. Having a healthy V8 that will take a lickin' and keep on tickin', with little to no headaches.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I trust the 6.2 to get me there and back off-road for many years to come. Can I trust a twin-turbo engine to get me there and back? I can't afford to break down in the middle of nowhere. I'm not talking street Raptors here. I'm talking about those of us who put most of our miles on off-road. I'd like to get a second Raptor down the road but not sure about ever having a EcoBoost Raptor.