2016 [2017*] Raptor test mule spy shots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't see how first gen raptors can plummet. There is now I finite number of them and they won't be made again.

I think 2 things :
Current resale values is high
When production and new sales are done. 2nd hand raptors will be close to msrp. Independet of miles and mods.

When the generation 2 are going in production they will start to drop again.
Depending on the quality of the 2nd gen they will drop faster or slower than we except.

yoursmiledoc

Reaction score
dont be bitter, just accept it

Well guys, I have now got the RPG front end on it including UCA, LCA, and tie rods. I got all the other stuff from ford (CV axles, brake lines) and the front end is complete. I used a set of raptor take off shocks front and rear, put a raptor steering wheel on it, and have a lead on a raptor rear axle as well. ADD in phoenix has my front/rear take off bumpers and stock skid. EBay has the hood and grill but I have not ordered yet. Picked up front fenders/liners/flares from a forum member in PHX this past week. I still need raptor front seats and a bed but I will most likely end up doing fiberglass rear bedsides. Yes it will not be a "true" raptor by vin, but everything else will be but the motor. You can call it lame all you want but talk to anyone who has one (SDHQ) and they will tell you it is a far better truck. All I have is a superchips programmer with a canned tune and tire size corrections and I can pull 4 truck lengths on my friends raptor 0-60. My tires are only 33" now so I realize that is a factor. Call Livernois and see what kind of HP $2500 will get you in an ecoboost, then go look up superchargers for the 6.2. I am not baggin raptors as I owned one too. They are the baddest truck built. I just prefer more power and better mileage. I just checked my mileage yesterday with all the suspension etc on, 18.4 mpg. We will see what it will do when I am done but SDHQ gets 18 with theirs. Thus truck should keep me happy till the new raptors come out and we all go buy new ones. I sure hope the twin turbo coyote motor makes it to the raptor.

ZOMBYKLR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 ditching the 6.2 in favor of the V-6 Ecoboost.......... I have heard this rumor more than I want! Please say it is not true!!!!

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2016 ditching the 6.2 in favor of the V-6 Ecoboost.......... I have heard this rumor more than I want! Please say it is not true!!!!

Wont be the end of the world. If its a tuned ecoboost it has the potential for some good power. Also with the turbo you get better torque that comes on sooner and lasts longer. If its the turbo coyote motor hold onto your britches because thats going to be a beast of a motor.

Everyone take a breath and lets hope Ford doesnt fail on Gen 2.

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wont be the end of the world. If its a tuned ecoboost it has the potential for some good power. Also with the turbo you get better torque that comes on sooner and lasts longer. If its the turbo coyote motor hold onto your britches because thats going to be a beast of a motor.

Everyone take a breath and lets hope Ford doesnt fail on Gen 2.

Explain plz

Gilligan

Reaction score
I wonder if the 2nd gen will come with 37s.

Nah, I talked to a guy at 3:00 am in a McDonalds parking lot that told me all '16 raptors go straight to SVC for some trax

ford-f-150-raptortrax-front-view.jpg

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well guys, I have now got the RPG front end on it including UCA, LCA, and tie rods. I got all the other stuff from ford (CV axles, brake lines) and the front end is complete. I used a set of raptor take off shocks front and rear, put a raptor steering wheel on it, and have a lead on a raptor rear axle as well. ADD in phoenix has my front/rear take off bumpers and stock skid. EBay has the hood and grill but I have not ordered yet. Picked up front fenders/liners/flares from a forum member in PHX this past week. I still need raptor front seats and a bed but I will most likely end up doing fiberglass rear bedsides. Yes it will not be a "true" raptor by vin, but everything else will be but the motor. You can call it lame all you want but talk to anyone who has one (SDHQ) and they will tell you it is a far better truck. All I have is a superchips programmer with a canned tune and tire size corrections and I can pull 4 truck lengths on my friends raptor 0-60. My tires are only 33" now so I realize that is a factor. Call Livernois and see what kind of HP $2500 will get you in an ecoboost, then go look up superchargers for the 6.2. I am not baggin raptors as I owned one too. They are the baddest truck built. I just prefer more power and better mileage. I just checked my mileage yesterday with all the suspension etc on, 18.4 mpg. We will see what it will do when I am done but SDHQ gets 18 with theirs. Thus truck should keep me happy till the new raptors come out and we all go buy new ones. I sure hope the twin turbo coyote motor makes it to the raptor.

This seems the wrong place for your build specs. I don't think anyone will dispute that an Ecoboost could perform, the reason I personally wouldn't want one is because to me, it over complicates things. A turbo setup is just added heat and another system that can go down on you. With the 6.2 it's just a motor, sure it can still shit on you, but it's less likely given the simplicity.