Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Forum General Discussions
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Forum General Discussions

2015 Ford Raptor SVT rendering based on 2015 F-150 spy photos

This is a discussion on 2015 Ford Raptor SVT rendering based on 2015 F-150 spy photos within the Ford Raptor Forum General Discussions forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! Yep I can see Ford twin turbo eco diesel 300 horse and 400 ...

User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Yep I can see Ford twin turbo eco diesel 300 horse and 400 torque V6 diesel... it is just a matter of time...

Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass. My biggest fear running out of ammo
Icecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #22 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=etalian2005;491201]Yep. 3.0L diesel.

2014 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel V6 | Diesel Engine Truck | RAM Trucks

Why do you say that? Is it because you feel they've invested so much into the Ecoboost line to have a similarly competing engine or do you have other reasons? I'm curious.[/QUOTE

Ford started developing a diesel but ended up going the route of the Ecoboost. there is an article where Ford talked about the diesel and how they ended up going the route of the Eco instead i'll see if i can find it.

2013 Raptor
Exhaust Vidhttp://youtu.be/VF3Hefy7QSw
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

aka etalian2005

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Icecobra View Post
Yep I can see Ford twin turbo eco diesel 300 horse and 400 torque V6 diesel... it is just a matter of time...
As much as I'd like to see a twin turbo again, I doubt they'll do it with all the turbo issues the 6.4L Powerstroke had. There's a reason the 6.7L Scorpion is a single-turbo motor.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Originally Posted by etalian2005 View Post
Yep. 3.0L diesel.

Why do you say that? Is it because you feel they've invested so much into the Ecoboost line to have a similarly competing engine or do you have other reasons? I'm curious.
Ford started developing a diesel but ended up going the route of the Ecoboost. there is an article where Ford talked about the diesel and how they ended up going the route of the Eco instead i'll see if i can find it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they going to try to use one of the Land Rover diesel motors used in Europe? Obviously this was back when Land Rover was a Ford company.

2013 Tuxedo Black Supercrew
Nick@Apollo-Optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #24 (permalink)

FRF Addict

If I am running an oil burner it will be a big boy...If the powerful V8 goes by the wayside then the Raptor will pretty much be dead. Not may folks will pay for a SVT that goes rinngggyy dingggy rinnggyyy dingggyyy! Maybe I am old school but hey ran a Ford for a few years and now that they finally have a good V8 they may kill it?? Oh well we will see--may just get a 14 and mod the snot out of it lol...

Old 07-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #25 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

[quote=Captain Awesome;491214]
Yep. 3.0L diesel.

Why do you say that? Is it because you feel they've invested so much into the Ecoboost line to have a similarly competing engine or do you have other reasons? I'm curious.[/QUOTE

Here is a different one.Report: Ford says no to light-duty diesel pickup to combat 2014 Ram 1500 diesel - egmCarTech

2013 Raptor
Exhaust Vidhttp://youtu.be/VF3Hefy7QSw
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #26 (permalink)

aka etalian2005

Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
If I am running an oil burner it will be a big boy...If the powerful V8 goes by the wayside then the Raptor will pretty much be dead. Not may folks will pay for a SVT that goes rinngggyy dingggy rinnggyyy dingggyyy! Maybe I am old school but hey ran a Ford for a few years and now that they finally have a good V8 they may kill it?? Oh well we will see--may just get a 14 and mod the snot out of it lol...
I agree with you on the no "ringy dingy ding ding" thing. But I thought you were displeased with your Raptor a few months ago and wanted to get something else. Glad to hear you're at least thinking on sticking around though.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #27 (permalink)

does it come in shmedium?

TopSpeed article online says the engine should remain the same with additional power, maybe around 450. I doubt Ford would eliminate the 6.2 after only 5 years production. Especially since the first year was extremely limited and wasn't released across the line until 2013. Don't forget the 6.2 is the base engine for the Super Duty line. I highly doubt Ford is going to put the Coyote into Super Duty trucks as a base engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
bstoner59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

aka etalian2005

Originally Posted by bstoner59 View Post
TopSpeed article online says the engine should remain the same with additional power, maybe around 450. I doubt Ford would eliminate the 6.2 after only 5 years production. Especially since the first year was extremely limited and wasn't released across the line until 2013. Don't forget the 6.2 is the base engine for the Super Duty line. I highly doubt Ford is going to put the Coyote into Super Duty trucks as a base engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
True...I didn't think about that.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #29 (permalink)

FRF Addict

I agree with you on the no "ringy dingy ding ding" thing. But I thought you were displeased with your Raptor a few months ago and wanted to get something else. Glad to hear you're at least thinking on sticking around though.
Yes the biggest thing was the Moon Roof breaking after being opened less than 5 times and the AC sux but I fixed that hahahahaha!!! Blows colder air than my oil burners now!!!

Will catch a lot of crap from some but I put more freon in in! Put in about 5 oz (almost 5psi on the low side)and WOW did it make a difference! Now the cooling fan comes on high (did not before hardly ever even on the ranch in NM) when it is hot out AND the ac is set at 65 on manual!

Yesterday 97 outside of Market Street (grocery store) I got stuck on the phone about 6pm----sat with the engine running for about 15 minutes and the AC was blowing air so cold I almost had to turn it down!!! No joke!!!!

Now I love the Ford AC!! Maybe I got lucky but now you can hang meat in it.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #30 (permalink)

aka etalian2005

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
Yes the biggest thing was the Moon Roof breaking after being opened less than 5 times and the AC sux but I fixed that hahahahaha!!! Blows colder air than my oil burners now!!!

Will catch a lot of crap from some but I put more freon in in! Put in about 5 oz (almost 5psi on the low side)and WOW did it make a difference! Now the cooling fan comes on high (did not before hardly ever even on the ranch in NM) when it is hot out AND the ac is set at 65 on manual!

Yesterday 97 outside of Market Street (grocery store) I got stuck on the phone about 6pm----sat with the engine running for about 15 minutes and the AC was blowing air so cold I almost had to turn it down!!! No joke!!!!

Now I love the Ford AC!! Maybe I got lucky but now you can hang meat in it.
I mean, I wouldn't expect to put freon in a new truck. My Titan has gone over 6+ years without adding any Freon and it still blows ice cold.

But hey...at least you weren't wondering why the range on your keyfob was bad without changing the battery
Boss Hoss likes this.