2015 Ford F150 (and 2016 Ford F150 Raptor SVT)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure will be interesting to see the power plant Ford settles on for the 2016 Raptor. I don't know how they Can meet new MPG standard with current power plant. Even all aluminum sheet work and ten speed tranny.

tretopflir

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had Christmas dinner with brother. He a parts and service director for 9 dealerships....most what everyone says here.comfirmed..ALUM, smaller eco boost, same one and a bigger one(maybe)..he thinks 5.0...All from his Ford reps. Asked about the tranny..10sp..never heard of it but said anything is possible...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Can we just use black color font? Green and yellow are terrible on a phone, I don't understand the point when people do it unless they think its makes them look cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just remebered a dscusaion where livernios chimed in about the potential of the 6.2 engine

Where they ( and others) stated that the engine had the potential for direct injection and other state of the art technical stuff

Wouldn't that combined with displacement on demand
And a 10speed gearbox ( maybe with a nice set of low and high gears ) and a diffrent set of end ratio

Wouldn't that all make it possible to help reach the new laws

Ps what are the new emission rulez ??

Lets not forget that the alluminium is lighter so
We might end up with a 1000pound lighter truck
So say 15% less mass
So with 10-15% less power wouldn't performance stay about the samen???

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was holding out for the atlas and was disappointed to see it wasn't going to be anywhere near the concept truck , major error ford ! So i ordered a 14 raptor

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think the new regs are geared towards emissions but more towards MPG. Pretty soon the EPA will require us to drive a vehicle that gets 40-50 MPG at a minimum. Who knows, maybe we can get by with something like this:

DSCN0548-2.jpg