2015 F-150 Debut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're saying the redesign will come in late 2014 as a 2015 model. The article is saying Ford may surprise everyone by showing what they plan on doing for the redesign at the auto show. It's all speculation until Ford says something.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, this debut is for the redesigned 2015 F-150, which is expected to go on sale sometime in 2014 as a 2015 model. The 2014 F-150 will be a continuation of the current body style.

That's strange, Blood who is supposedly in the know has said that the new F150 would be a 2014 and no Raptor. If what your saying is true they will most likely have a 2014 Raptor after-all.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i said no scheduled 14 or 15 raptor.
raptor scheduled to be back in 16, that is all im saying i see on schedule.
nothing has changed yet.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GM/Chevy just introduced its all-new 2014 pickups. If Ford can get people's attention with a "revolutionary" redesign coming out in 1 more year they may be able to steal sales from GM.

From the article:

"The big news in the automotive industry last week was the introduction of General Motors’ all-new 2014 full-size pickup trucks. Now Ford is looking to make that old news.

Reuters reports that the automaker is planning a surprise reveal of a concept for its radically redesigned 2015 F-150, said by insiders to be a game-changer in the half-ton segment, at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit next January.

Where the new Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra are evolutionary designs, the new Ford is expected to be nothing short of revolutionary, with an extensive use of aluminum in its construction and re-engineered components like axles and brakes all aimed at cutting 700-750 pounds from the vehicles in order to improve fuel efficiency.

Reuters says Ford is aiming for a 3 mpg increase in fuel economy. That would represent a better than 15 percent improvement over the most fuel efficient F-150 available today, which is rated at 19 mpg combined. The trucks are expected to go into production in late 2014 as 2015 models."

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im paying attention to blood's posts about this like a hawk. ive got 11K on my 12, and if '13 is the last year for another 3, i may be tempted to bite the bullet and order a '13. if not my '12 will have a shitload of miles when the '16 finally hits. im curious to see how this pans out. ford is selling the raptor like crazy and making money hand over fist with this special package. they would be retarded not to figure out how to keep it going and pump out more with no interruption.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im paying attention to blood's posts about this like a hawk. ive got 11K on my 12, and if '13 is the last year for another 3, i may be tempted to bite the bullet and order a '13. if not my '12 will have a shitload of miles when the '16 finally hits. im curious to see how this pans out. ford is selling the raptor like crazy and making money hand over fist with this special package. they would be retarded not to figure out how to keep it going and pump out more with no interruption.

Like any big company.. They probably already had plans to kill it before first one rolled off the line.

-Greg

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WOW---that is one ugly truck! Glad I like the 2014 Chevy. Will get one of those then if the Raptor comes back in 2016 see what it looks like..

Banned
Reaction score
yes its an ugly concept car.... from many many years ago.

the 2014 GM trucks are ugly production trucks... shame.

at least ford keeps its ugly trucks as concepts. to bad GM cant do the same

BudOneAirship

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard about the F-150 going unibody for 2015 and having no Raptor ? Was gonna wait till the 15 came out to get another Raptor to go with my 11 but might have to get the 14 if they're gonna be axed. Anyone heard?