2014 Steering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorRate

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a 2014 raptor 6.2L with 34xxx miles, and it just started having an intermittent issue with the power steering.

Basically, at random the power steering will stop working which with large tires and beadlock rims etc. is pretty annoying. I have only had my truck for about a month and have not gone off road yet. It started today when I was trying to k turn outside of a hardware store.

Has anyone else had this same issue? I was reading that Ford had a steering column/pump recall but the 6.2L trucks were not included in it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power steering pumps problems and steering rack problems are a known issue. At 34,000 miles, I would think it would be a warranty issue. That being said, if you have over sized tires, you may want to spare yourself the argument of them saying the big tires did it. Bigger tires and turning while at a stop do put extra strain on things so you might lose. If you can, switch out tires with someones stockers if you can then go to the dealership.

OP
OP
R

RaptorRate

Reaction score
Power steering pumps problems and steering rack problems are a known issue. At 34,000 miles, I would think it would be a warranty issue. That being said, if you have over sized tires, you may want to spare yourself the argument of them saying the big tires did it. Bigger tires and turning while at a stop do put extra strain on things so you might lose. If you can, switch out tires with someones stockers if you can then go to the dealership.

Thank you and good idea. I'm going to call the dealer on Monday to see what they'll do about it since I just got the truck.

Aside from that, are there any aftermarket solutions that people have had long term success with?