GEN 1 2014 Screw Towing Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PreetzMaster

Reaction score
Ok so I read the few threads available on towing and want to get some more feedback so I can pull stuff with my 2014 Screw Raptor. Currently I pull a single axle 6x12 utility trailer which I load my rhino on and if I had to guess I have towed about 3000 lbs on it without any problems but obviously thats child's play. So per the factory specs of 8000lbs I have found a possible toy hauler trailer that may not exceed the factory recommendations.

Here is the link:
http://www.pacificcoachworks.com/pro...y-hauler-22fs/

Total weight with fuel, fresh & grey liquids & trailer = 6533 lbs. (5365 UVW and 1168 lbs of liquid). Add another 2000-2500 for toys (rhino) and supplies I am looking at a total of 8500 to 9000 lbs to pull.

Well 9000 is more than 8000 factory however I will be doing the WDH and any other sway controls to assist. The width of this trailer is 8.5 feet which I am a little concerned about with the smaller raptor mirrors but I should be fine.

I just want to make sure I don’t put to much stress on the car. The trips are probably not going to be more than 300 miles each way. Another member mentioned I should upgrade rear springs to help with sag but wanted to see if any others had some feedback towing toyhaulers.

raprhino_zpsmrpx9e1w.jpg

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound too bad over the limit. You could look into getting heavy duty springs. Suspension is the only thing holding back towing I'd assume. Engine can pull the weight.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pull is rarely the problem. The issue is the stopping. I'd recommend upgrading to powerstop brakes, or something along those lines. SVC also makes a bumpstop kit that is adjustable for towing. Deaver +3 springs would also be good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited: