2014 Ford Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV First Look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure why so many comments associate this truck with street queen status. The old Ford Bronco was built on the same chassis as the F150, and was a formidable desert prerunner. The last Bronco was built in 96, yet they still have s strong presence in the desert community. Sure, they are not a true truck and if you need a bed to carry stuff they may not be for you. The inside of these trucks (Excursion, Bronco, Expedition) are cavernous though and can carry quite a but of crap.
I would not choose one of these to haul my bike, etc, but it would make an incredible off road prerunner/expedition vehicle.

best post in the whole thread so far. i think they did a very nice job with it. i wouldnt get it unless its for the wife because i need a p/u but if i wanted a suv this would interest me. the "raptor suv" can be modded to a level that atleast 90% here would do. lets face it not all of us here have bed cages and thru the bed shocks and all, frame support, bump stops, and better shocks are all doable on this just like the p/u. hell i bet with it being a suv u would have a less of a chance of frame bending.

like i said i give these guys credit they did a nice job but its still not for me. at the same time tho i bet it would still be a very capable rig

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Just thinking outside the box a bit here, but a lot of people talk about how having some extra weight in the bed of the Raptor makes it perform better off-road. Isn't that EXACTLY what's going on here? If it's all Raptor underneath I think it might perform pretty well in the dirt. Especially if you threw a bumpstop/ HD leaf combo on it.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too much and it needs a bench seat in the back. Would make a great chase truck.

Scott13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it.. it's what i would be driving if it were an option. As long as it could do everything the original Raptor can. I love my truck but this would make it much easier to bring the family and dogs when I go playing out in the desert and camping.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Ford ever made a raptor version of the expedition I would trade our eddie bauer for it in a heart beat, yeah I realize even with a well tuned suspension it won't be as capable as my raptor but it would be perfect for hauling my family to some of our favorite vacation spots ....long travel and seating for 7? Sign me up

Me too.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, there you have it. People want it but...

Do enough people want it to warrant making it?

Whether there are or not it's a safe assumption that Ford will NEVER build a Raptorized Expedition.

Shame. :word: