2014 brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deletedone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your truck is a 2012 or earlier you'll be fine. In 2013 they changed the rear lines to be one solid piece that can't be removed. The fronts were super easy, I just need to figure out where the mount goes. Bought a brake bleeder kit from autozone and it went fast and easy after I got it figured out. It's definitely messy though so put down something to catch all the brake fluid while you have the lines disconnected.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If your truck is a 2012 or earlier you'll be fine. In 2013 they changed the rear lines to be one solid piece that can't be removed. The fronts were super easy, I just need to figure out where the mount goes. Bought a brake bleeder kit from autozone and it went fast and easy after I got it figured out. It's definitely messy though so put down something to catch all the brake fluid while you have the lines disconnected.

I've got the 2013 lines and a buddy who will let me borrow his Motive bleeder. But at this point, I'm wondering if I should bother installing the lines or selling them. I know most of the braking is done in the front, so I don't know how much rubber expansion is a concern on the rear end, especially if we're only talking about one section of the rear line and not the entire rear brake line setup.

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ended up doing the fronts and the drivers side rear....tried so hard to get the rear apart got a leak...we flared the end of the stock hard line and connected the set braid line.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Yeah no kidding. A heads up or instructions in the package would've been nice. How did you mount the brake line bracket that has the rubber insert in it?

Man i totally agree..i spent money on a kit that can't be fully used without building my own hard line on the axel.. would have been good to know ahead of time...

As an aside i've done a few mods already and bought products from several vendors. most do NOT come with any instructions. (My Camburg UCA had great instructions.)

i wil say that each of the vendors took my calls and texted with me over long hours to help me get it right and I'm very grateful for their assistance...on the down side, it did elongate the installs and delayed the use of my truck and what if they weren't available?

Fortunately they are 3 hours behind me...I'm thinking good instructions would make for a better overall buyer/installer experience and reduce their need to be on call on weekend and late into the night...

just my .02