2014 brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I bought a brake line kit and got to installing it this week. The kit came with two part rear brake lines. The connection, on the rear axle does not come apart. My mechanic looked into it and said it's a one piece line.

Can anyone validate this for me?

thanks

Marc

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I bought a brake line kit and got to installing it this week. The kit came with two part rear brake lines. The connection, on the rear axle does not come apart. My mechanic looked into it and said it's a one piece line.

Can anyone validate this for me?

thanks

Marc

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but on my 2011 the rear has a line from the steel, non-flexible line along the frame down to the axle. Then a second line from the axle to the wheel. At each connection, the line unscrews like normal. The axle lines are held in place with a spring clip. Maybe the 2014 changed something, but I doubt it. They are on the axle on the driver's side, so if you only looked at the passenger side I see how you could miss them.

The only issue I had was connecting the new line at the axle was very tight. I felt like I was stripping it at first, but then it worked.

I have the Alpha1 lines and I know SDHQ makes them as well. If you bought one of those kits, both companies are very responsive to customers and you can call them and they'll help you out.

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks.

you got it correct. The connection between the flex and hard line on the drivers side back of the axle would not come undone. Not even close. But you did verify for me that it is two parts and thats what i needed to know

M

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make sure your guy has the proper tools to do the exchange/upgrade. When we did my truck, the factory cross threaded 2 of the factory brake line fittings. Just a heads up. Mines a 13.

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure your guy has the proper tools to do the exchange/upgrade. When we did my truck, the factory cross threaded 2 of the factory brake line fittings. Just a heads up. Mines a 13.

Thanks.

He owns a full service repair and maintenance shop. He said he had some induction heater as well. But he couldn't get them apart.

When I tried I was using hose wrenches and any other tool I could get on it and it would not budge.

Today I ordered new hard lines and I'll just trash the ones that came with the truck, install the new hard lines and aftermarket flex lines and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Deletedone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with sdhq about this issue today actually. They said that on the 2013 and up raptors you cannot replace the line from the caliper to the axle due to this issue. So basically you have to replace the one from the frame to the axle and leave the rubber one connected to the caliper. Pretty much defeats the purpose of replacing your brake lines if you ask me, but that's what i was told.

MOLONxLABE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah those fittings definitely don't come apart on the 2014s, don't know why they'd bother changing something like that.

I wish someone told me before I wasted a couple hours and rounded those fitting off with an end wrench trying get them apart..

Last edited:

Deletedone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah no kidding. A heads up or instructions in the package would've been nice. How did you mount the brake line bracket that has the rubber insert in it?