2012 Gift Buying Guide for the Raptor Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I initially came to FRF looking for gift ideas for my wonderful husband and received tons of great responses. I hope that this buying guide can be a place you can point your family and friends and somewhere people might end up with an Internet search.

******************Gift Ideas*********************

The Big WOW gift

• Ford SVT Raptor
$40,000 - $65,000 (Price dependent on Condition, Options, and Location)
No explanation needed

$6,799 + Tax and SH​

Upgraded Front and Rear Fox Shocks, RPG Frame Supports with Air Bump Mounts and National Leaf Springs

$4750 + SH
Upgraded Front and Rear Shocks

Raptor Performance Upgrades

$300 YMMV (Try searching product code 77-2579KTK)
*from the Amazon description (Replace the restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing allowing for virtually unrestricted air flow. K&N's air intakes provide a guaranteed increase in HP and come with a million mile limited warranty.)
$400 and up (Price dependent on specified tunes and options)
Optimizes performance of Ford Raptor
$214 (Available in 4 colors)
Bolt on high performance power steering reservoir, designed to eliminate Aeration, and Silence your power steering pump.
$200
Stopping power like no other! The Stainless Steel lines will not swell under brake load making stopping power more efficient. These are the same lines used on Trophy Trucks today.

Raptor Lighting Upgrades

$1000 and up (Price dependent on style and options)
Customized Projector Headlights
$325 per light + SH
Off-road lights with3800 Lumens and 4 interchangeable spot/flood lenses
$125 + SH
OEM Puddle lights (shines on the floor boards underneath the mirrors) with LED bulbs and a lifetime warranty.

Raptor Wheels (17" X 8.5")

Price dependent on design and vendor, see multiple FRF vendors to the right
Most popular wheel of Ford Raptor Owner. Lighter, Faster, Stronger.

Price dependent on design and vendor
Black Rhino custom truck wheels are designed with the off road truck enthusiast in mind.
$749 each YMMV
100% Made in the USA! The RM2 Raptor wheels start from a high quality 6061 Aluminum
Raptor Security

$242 ***** (Originally $269 use coupon code FRF)
Uses true 12 gauge domestic steel. Made in Texas by Texans. This model is available with several lock options, please choose before adding to cart.
Raptor Audio

Raptor Protection
$160 for Black $230 for Crome
Superbumper easily defeats low speed collisions and prevents frame and hitch damage. It can also Tow 6,000 lbs with 600 lbs of tongue weight. They do have another version available with no hitch ball for $140

Price dependent on which skids purchased and Aluminum or steel
Protect your undercarriage and replace the flimsy stock skids. See write up on install here
$356 + SH
System offers added protection in on or offroad situations for the factory aluminum arms.
$50 + SH
Protects ABS line
Front $50
Rear $45 + SH (SCrew)
Tailgate $33 + SH
A custom formed steel plate that bolts to the backside of your door handle, preventing thieves from prying into the handle seam or punching the lock cylinder into the door. Made in USA
Raptor Maintenance and Care

$190-210 +SH (price dependant on bottle size. Be sure to use code RAPTOR for 10% off)
Everything you Need to Make the Exterior of your Car Shine
$200 + SH (price for both front and back) * be sure to select the appropriate back mat Screw = Extended Cab with 4 doors opening the same way. SCAB = Regular Cap with back doors opening opposite.
WeatherTech FloorLiners accurately and completely line the interior carpet giving "absolute interior protection™"! Digital laser measurements of interior surfaces offer a consistently perfect fit!
$360
The BedRug truck bed liners offer a molded foam design. Unlike hard liners these foam liners won't scratch, ding or dent your truck bed.
$135
The BedRug truck bed mats offer a clean look, increased protection, and a comfortable spot for tailgating. They are designed to work with factory truck beds as well as spray in liners or plastic drop in liners.
$90 (depending on features)
Please see the awesome write-up from Fostercd (linked above) and contact Scott to order your custom molle. [email protected]
The Expedition Lover

• A trip to a Raptor Expedition!
registration price + Travel and Gas
The 3rd Annual TRR will be held April 10-13 at Texana Ranch, a 5000 acre exotic game/motorsports ranch. Besides the 42 mile track, the Ranch offers camping, a shooting range, and exotic animal viewing.
registration price + Travel and Gas
Please check their website for up to date information on runs.
$399 + SH

GoPro HD Hero 3 Black Edition w/WiFi Remote: The Wi-Fi enabled HERO3: Black Edition is the most advanced GoPro, ever. Smaller.... Lighter...Better....
$260 (YMMV, people have been getting clearance deals as low as $200, do a search before buying)
$200 (YMMV, people have been getting clearance deals as low as $150, do a search before buying)
$29 + SH
Suction Cup Whip Mount great for ORV areas that require a Whip
$53 + SH
5 Gallon Gas Can
$26 + SH
The square design allows for better stability, especially during transportation.
$56 + SH
Tuff Jug Red 20 Liter, 5 1/4 Gallon Gasoline Fuel Container with Red Ripper Cap and Automotive Cap.
$74
GUARENTEED TO LET YOU DOWN! Staun Tire Deflators are the easy way to deflate your tire for increased off-road traction. Simply screws onto your tire valve to automatically deflate all tires to your preset pressure.
Sexy Raptor

$150
OEM Raptor 3rd brake lights with 3 coats of Nightshades and 3 coats of Clear.

$75+ depending on options

Add your own touch to your Raptor with a custom embroidered console cover
$1100 + (Price dependent on options)
Custom built bumper adds style with functionality and give your bumper a unique look and stand out anywhere you drive
$170 (Call 714-630-9700 to take advantage of 15% FRF member discount for this price)
Officially licensed non locking Brushed Billet Fuel Door.
$230 (Call 714-630-9700 to take advantage of 15% FRF member discount for this price)
Set of 4, made from T-6061 Billet Aluminum
Raptor Do It Yourselfer

• DIY Raptor 4WD RC

$529 (try searching for a coupon code)

$30
Customize your own Raptor, see posts # 69 and #71 to see SwampKing's
Raptor Suspension

$700 + SH
ADD Ford Raptor Gusset Kit A great fix for bent frame
$700 + SH
This heavy duty tie rod system is designed to replace the factory Ford Raptor tie rod assembly
$700 + SH
RPG has brought to you these industry-leading steering tie rods
$1600 + SH
Alpha 1 Innovations TT Raptor A-Arm works with or without aftermarket coil over shocks
$335 + SH
ICON Vehicle Dynamics Ford Raptor SVT Lower Control Arm Skid Plate System offers added protection in on or offroad situations for the factory aluminum arms.
Tools

The Camping lover

$260
Truck Bed Tent
Raptor Safety

$60 + SH (Does not include Fire Extinguisher)
Several Options for mounting
$134.10 + SH
A Fire extinguisher is a must for the avid Offroader.
$139 and up (price dependant on breaking strength size.
Bubba Rope® professional snatch ropes are the strongest of their kind and beat any strap for vehicle recovery. Developed with military-spec quality and strength, these recovery ropes surpass other solutions due to their unique kinetic properties and polymer coating.
$102 + SH
Featured in WSJ Magazine, the Rescue Tool is a highly functional multi-tool for any situation! Developed in collaboration with fire and rescue workers, the Rescue Tool is a true helper in an emergency.
******* I Hit the post size limit, please see post # 3 for more Gift Guide information*******

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorWifey

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Gift Guide continuation.....

The FRF Addict[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Minimum of $40 for a year
Ad free browsing, access to password protected forums, increased picture sizes and Private messages, FRF decals.

$8
Set of 3 FRF Decals

Price dependent on product (Tip: search for a Zazzle coupon code for deals.)
Shirts, stickers, mouse pads, mugs

Great Gifts Under $100

$45 for certificate +$ for SVT book and window sticker
Certificates include production date, production number, and production location and includes data on additional production information. Currently available for the 2010-2012 Raptors. Must have Vin #. After receiving your certificate, or calling 1-800-FORD-SVT just to learn your production number, post your number and truck info here on verytalonted's thread http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/raptor-production-number-svt-list-9631/
  • Gift Card to a favorite Gas Station
$Any amount would probably be greatly appreciated.
$17- $25 YMMV
1/24 Scale Model Raptor
$10.23 per side + SH (Note: Different part numbers per side. 9L3Z-17E749-AA and 9L3Z-17E748-A)
Matching Lens covers the Orange reflector on the mirrors.
$35
Made in the USA - Official Ford Licensed Product ® - SVT Black Receiver Hitch Plug Cover.
$30
Safely controls the drop of your truck's tailgate. Custom designed for each make and model. High quality and extensively tested to handle heave use for the life of the truck. Works in conjunction with factory cables. Easy, no drill installation that installs in minutes.
$30 YMMV
Elite Automotive also makes custom key chain and hitch covers. Note * If you are stuck for a design, (Boss 6.2L) seemed to be a popular choice.
$14
The Master Lock Tailgate Lock gives pickup truck owners peace of mind that their tailgate will not walk away. The Tailgate Lock is a stainless steel lock that installs over one hinge post of most full-size pickups.
$20 + SH
The Stubby antenna replacement has got to be the quickest way to make a noticeable change to the look of your Raptor. The shorter antenna also helps your raptor fit in Garages and Parking Garages.
$50
Maintenance Free Heavy Duty 12V Air Compressor with 5 Durable ABS Trumpet Horns.Plays first 12 notes of the Dixie melody - Like the one used on the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard movie.
  • Slime Valve Stem Caps
$3-4 (sold at Walmart, YMMV)
Anodized valve caps available in 4 colors
$60 + SH
1: 10 scale, radio control Ford Raptor. A full-function radio transmitter controls forward/reverse drive and left/right steering. It features a range of up to 100 feet, and includes a 9.6V rechargeable battery pack and charging unit.
$5 (Dependent on style)
Several Colors sizes and options available with a quick search
$8-$10 (Dependent on style)
Several Colors sizes and options available
$5+ depending on color
Best deal appears to be the 4 caps plus keychain for $4.99 shipped.
$39 + SH
Bolt locks use your ignition key, eliminated the need for multiple keys.
$54
This DefenderWorx Transformers Hitch Covers are designed to hide the hitch receiver when not in use. The Hitch cover is made of the best quality T-6061 billet aluminum.
$60 (Call 714-630-9700 to order with 15% FRF member discount to get this great price)
Made from T-6061 Billet Aluminum, officially licensed products.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorWifey

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score

Did the best I could with that Fred.... such broad options might scare the non-expert buyer away. As a wife I would have no idea what design wheel my hubby would want or what tunes he might like. 5 star might be one of those ones that would be great to get a GC for, wonder if they would offer that as an option??

OP
OP
RaptorWifey

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Thanks Hootey, I see you're from my neck of the woods... 012BlueSVT and I are from Pittsburgh but are traveling for work. His little brother is getting married in Latrobe next May.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the best I could with that Fred.... such broad options might scare the non-expert buyer away. As a wife I would have no idea what design wheel my hubby would want or what tunes he might like. 5 star might be one of those ones that would be great to get a GC for, wonder if they would offer that as an option??

Great idea with the gift card...I am sure Mike at 5 Star would put something together so it would be cool looking...

As for the wheels...my wife says the same thing...tell me exactly what you want and i will order it...TMX sells the Methods at a great price...maybe a gift card from them as well... Maybe a spouse group buy..

I will noodle on this and see what comes to mind...

I would also think the Vendors would be able to help as well....they basically advise me...I have something in mind and by the time I am done...I have purchased something completely different...

Btw- I think guys are much harder to shop for...

Sorry for the rambling post...and thanks for doing this...

Fred

OP
OP
RaptorWifey

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score

That is cool Juggzy, I put it under stocking stuffers.

Great idea with the gift card...I am sure Mike at 5 Star would put something together so it would be cool looking...

As for the wheels...my wife says the same thing...tell me exactly what you want and i will order it...TMX sells the Methods at a great price...maybe a gift card from them as well... Maybe a spouse group buy..

I will noodle on this and see what comes to mind...

I would also think the Vendors would be able to help as well....they basically advise me...I have something in mind and by the time I am done...I have purchased something completely different...

Btw- I think guys are much harder to shop for...

Sorry for the rambling post...and thanks for doing this...

Fred

I'll blame the rambling post on your organized glove box... just kidding:lol2:

I'm a little hesitant to put down one vendor for the Methods since we have a few.... However, if a Vendor wanted to step forward with a special holiday deal on the Methods, I would of course include that in my post... Cough... Cough....