2012 Ecoboost Raptor is it going to happen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With gas prices going up and all Raptors going to see $100 fill up this summer. Do you think Ford will put the Ecoboost. Discuss.

sent from ...... I don't know where I am.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
It seems like quite a few folks have asked for it. Ford did what the consumer wanted with the Crew Cab, why not EcoBoost?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assume the Raptor stayed with the 6.2 and hasn't gotten the EcoBoost is to give it more power - afterall, it's an "SVT" :)

I think Ford should put the EcoBoost motor into the Raptor.

Has anyone seen real world MPG numbers from the F-150s with the EcoBoost motor in them?

Tank, I thought you said you were looking at getting rid of your Raptor (due to MPGs)?

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The F150 ecoboost motor has been neutered. SVT would have no problems crushing the 6.2 if they wanted to turn up the wick.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems like quite a few folks have asked for it. Ford did what the consumer wanted with the Crew Cab, why not EcoBoost?
I hope so the demand it there.
I assume the Raptor stayed with the 6.2 and hasn't gotten the EcoBoost is to give it more power - afterall, it's an "SVT" :)

I think Ford should put the EcoBoost motor into the Raptor.

Has anyone seen real world MPG numbers from the F-150s with the EcoBoost motor in them?

Tank, I thought you said you were looking at getting rid of your Raptor (due to MPGs)?
The 6.2L in the F-150 Lariat is no different then whats in the Raptor. So the SVT thing is kind of point less. There is no reason why the Ecoboost shouldn't do as well as the 3.7L V6 when at cruise. No, I'm not getting rid of my Raptor unless its for an Ecoboost Raptor. Its going to cost $100 to fill up whether its a my mod'd 5.4L, your stock 5.4L, a 6.2L or an Ecoboost. The Ecoboost motor is like having your cake and eating it too. You get awesome performance, great MPGs, and the icing on the cake is you the ability to run E85.

The F150 ecoboost motor has been neutered. SVT would have no problems crushing the 6.2 if they wanted to turn up the wick.
Yes, IIRC the boost is very modest. I believe its near single digits. Ford got the turbo sizes perfect because there is very little to no lag. I was very impressed when I drove one.

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im all for the Ecoboost in the Raptor.....maybe Tim can make us another video. "Does it have the ecoboost....i dont care!" lol

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im all for the Ecoboost in the Raptor.....maybe Tim can make us another video. "Does it have the ecoboost....i dont care!" lol
I've been trolling some of the other Raptor sites and it seems that all current owners have the same feeling. They want the Ecoboost because it splits the difference between the 5.4L and 6.2L.

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i wish they would have kept the 5.4 option instead of killing the motor completely. people like options! i mean my 5.4 might not pull uphill like a guy running from child support payments, and it didnt come with a magic mtn dan action figure, but i dont care! i like my 5.4