2012 Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRoyal

Reaction score
New guy here, just got a 2012 Raptor yesterday. It was my father in laws previously so I know it was taken care of really well, but he has a few "dings" on it one of which is the lower silver part of the bumper where the skid plate is. For the life of me and all my Google fu I can't seem to find this part for sale anywhere. Can it be bought by itself or do you have to buy the entire bumper? Much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_85782.jpg
    IMG_85782.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 63

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is all one piece. If you look behind it from under the truck you can see the "skeleton" for the bumper mount. Now is your chance to upgrade to a better aftermarket bumper that has some strength to it.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just went and looked at my factory bumper that I took off last year. Looks like you might have to find another stock bumper or go aftermarket. Also check with local body shops. They might be able to make look better.

OP
OP
KRoyal

KRoyal

Reaction score
It is all one piece. If you look behind it from under the truck you can see the "skeleton" for the bumper mount. Now is your chance to upgrade to a better aftermarket bumper that has some strength to it.

That's what I kind of figured. I've been looking at bumpers all day and there are a lot to choose from leaning towards ADD at the moment, but still haven't made a decision. I just bought a 2014 Roush as well so after seeing the prices of the bumpers I was thinking maybe if I could just replace the lower part I could replace the bumpers later.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-10-14-...ash=item3ace06dc1e:g:oNMAAOSwmfhX7wIv&vxp=mtr

not cheap. someone on here might have one sitting around or it might be time to upgrade to a baja style bumper

Ouch, yes I'd definitely go after market rather than buy a factory for 2K

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

I just went and looked at my factory bumper that I took off last year. Looks like you might have to find another stock bumper or go aftermarket. Also check with local body shops. They might be able to make look better.

They probably could, but don't know if they could make it perfect and it would probably bug my OCD. It would probably be $500ish minimum so I'd rather put that towards an aftermarket option.

OP
OP
KRoyal

KRoyal

Reaction score
i bought one for $300 that was in really nice shape.. there's many out there collecting dust.

I looked on eBay, CL, and on the forum. None are close to me or they've already sold. I've seen several posted for around the $300 mark but none were close and the seller wouldn't ship. If I could find one that would be ideal for now.

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are any good with a hammer or know a good body shop, see if they can pop out the dent and then paint or Line-X the bumper. It comes off the frame and skeleton real easy. I had mine Line-X'd as I did not like the different color with having an aftermarket skid plate that I had Line-X'd.

OP
OP
KRoyal

KRoyal

Reaction score
If you are any good with a hammer or know a good body shop, see if they can pop out the dent and then paint or Line-X the bumper. It comes off the frame and skeleton real easy. I had mine Line-X'd as I did not like the different color with having an aftermarket skid plate that I had Line-X'd.
I actually like the color of the bumper right now since it matches the fender flares. They're all that Anthracite color which also will match my Fuel Trophy wheels. But I also like the idea of line-xing it as well since mine will be used more for trail/hunting than desert running.

keep looking.. im sure one will pop up on CL. maybe put a wtb ad in the wanted forum on here.

I'll be keeping an eye out. Thanks. Not sure I can post yet in the classifieds section.