2011 raptor vs 2013 Dodge hemi vs 2013 Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Osprey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on how the Ram is equipped. I had a 2013 Hemi Ram crew cab and I wasn't super impressed with its acceleration. However, I had the 3.55 gears. I believe 3.92 was an option so that certainly would've helped. The 8 speeds were also a bit quicker, but they didn't become available with the Hemi until later in the model year so mine had the 6 speed (which really was a 5 speed).

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really? Anyways yes. I'll never sell out lol.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Drag strip? Guess that wasn't implied. Off road, moon, bottom of the ocean... All those could have been implied then?

Why in god's name would you want to drag race a truck with 12" of travel and 35" tires. :supergay:

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why in god's name would you want to drag race a truck with 12" of travel and 35" tires. :supergay:

Cuz I want to, this site have something against ****? That really an option for a smile here? Wow...

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Depends on how the Ram is equipped. I had a 2013 Hemi Ram crew cab and I wasn't super impressed with its acceleration. However, I had the 3.55 gears. I believe 3.92 was an option so that certainly would've helped. The 8 speeds were also a bit quicker, but they didn't become available with the Hemi until later in the model year so mine had the 6 speed (which really was a 5 speed).

I know it's a 8 speed, pretty sweet highway truck. I like the 5.7.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have only lined up with a new 2015 f-150 scab with the 5.0L and 3.31 gears, and it was nearly even. I had him off the line but he would start to reel me in around 60-70 mph. we would get to about 90 and be neck and neck, and he would start to pull away pretty good, but that's as fast as I wanted to go. my truck is a 2012 scab with an intake, 5 star 93 performance tune and a cat back. Also has about 350-400 pounds of extra tires and tools in the back. Was actually pretty happy with the result, considering the weight differences. Granted before that I went down a dirt trail with him and ended up waiting for quite awhile for him to catch back up.

tmanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drag racing a Raptor in general is stupid. It's still a 14 second truck with a supercharger. Use it for what it's built for. You will most likely lose both races.