2010 Raptor Off Road and AdvanceTrac Modes Explained

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's quite helpful for AdvanceTrac (only Ford and the US military would have a term, "AdvanceTrac" stand for three three-letter acronyms: RSC, ESC and TCS).

One thing I suggest you add to your chart: "Changing Transfer Case Mode resets AdvanceTrac to key-on state"

What's the logic behind being able to disable AdvanceTrac (RSC, ESC and TCS) by pressing the button and holding it "for more than five seconds at vehicle speed under 35 mph" but Off Road Mode can only be engaged under 5MPH?

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's quite helpful for AdvanceTrac (only Ford and the US military would have a term, "AdvanceTrac" stand for three three-letter acronyms: RSC, ESC and TCS).

One thing I suggest you add to your chart: "Changing Transfer Case Mode resets AdvanceTrac to key-on state"
Done. I had a note there, but I also added that exact terminology.

What's the logic behind being able to disable AdvanceTrac (RSC, ESC and TCS) by pressing the button and holding it "for more than five seconds at vehicle speed under 35 mph" but Off Road Mode can only be engaged under 5MPH?
I'm a software guy, so this sort of makes sense to me. Remember, ORM adjusts both the transmission shift parameters as well as the throttle map. So if you changed the throttle map at a high rate of speed, you're potentially going to accelerate or decelerate right away, without having moved the pedal at all. Not a good idea.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I'm a software guy, so this sort of makes sense to me. Remember, ORM adjusts both the transmission shift parameters as well as the throttle map. So if you changed the throttle map at a high rate of speed, you're potentially going to accelerate or decelerate right away, without having moved the pedal at all. Not a good idea.

Sounds like Toyota has had this mode for a while. :)

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score

We should print up cards with this on it with the full Off Road Features on the other side. Of course it would have the SVTOffroad.com logo and it could be laminated. :thumbsup:

We could provide one with every t-shirt and/or sticker/decal order :)

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We should print up cards with this on it with the full Off Road Features on the other side. Of course it would have the SVTOffroad.com logo and it could be laminated. :thumbsup:

We could provide one with every t-shirt and/or sticker/decal order :)

I think you should do an informative video.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I did that you wouldn't watch it anyway. Besides, you post all kinds of YouTube videos on here so why should I add one more?

You could make some extra income via the Youtube video page hits and pick up that 6.2 you secretly long for.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The list is good... except that I think there is another level of traction control that occurs in off road mode... The Ford guys at the Roundup said Off Road mode changed a lot of little things in off roan mode including air bag sensitivity and my impression was "one press" or "press and hold" desensitized the nannies even more in off road than in street mode.