1500 miles and it's in the dealers service bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from a 1000 mile road trip to Death Valley. Before I left the Raptor had about 500 miles on the clock.

Then today, as I noticed an oil patch on my driveway.......so I climbed underneath and found....Grrrrrr
dsc01009640x480.jpg

dsc01011640x480.jpg

dsc01012640x480.jpg

The dip stick is at about the half way mark, and it was 'full' when I checked the truck on delivery 10 days ago :eek:

The service dept. is closed today, so I left it with the owner of the dealership, but I'll call tomorrow AM and see what they (service) think of it.

Andy

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grrr is RIGHT Mark! That looks like a rear main seal to me (be nice, Damon <G>) and that isn't good. I bet Ford makes it good thought... I am going on record saying you are going to be WELL taken care of!

Falcon

OP
OP
AndyR

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grrr is RIGHT Mark! That looks like a rear main seal to me (be nice, Damon <G>) and that isn't good. I bet Ford makes it good thought... I am going on record saying you are going to be WELL taken care of!

Falcon

That was my primary diagnosis too.

Andy

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this a 5.4L or 6.2L?

I'm sure Ford will take excellent care for you (I'm speaking from experience as my Raptor has been in the shop a number of times). And I can guarantee you that the Hotline will be hearing all about your oil leak.

I didn't see any indication of it in the pic but did you see any scrapes, dings, etc., underneath?

Good luck and keep us posted.

2011-Ford-Raptor-XT-Badge.jpg

uh-oh-emblem-jpg.jpeg

OP
OP
AndyR

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Ford will take excellent care for you (I'm speaking from experience as my Raptor has been in the shop a number of times). And I can guarantee you that the Hotline will be hearing all about your oil leak.

I didn't see any indication of it in the pic but did you see any scrapes, dings, etc., underneath?

Good luck and keep us posted.

I only ran her off-road for about 30 miles, mostly 2wd stuff, nothing even came close to the bottom of the truck, you could have taken a Rav4 over the trails. I've let Mark (The F150 Marketeing guy) know about it too, so we'll see what happens. Guess I'll be driving my JK for a few days.

Andy

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Subscribed. Sorry to hear Andy. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is isolated to you; don't wanna be hearing about this sort of issue with the 6.2 right out of the box...

Keep us posted please.

champcaracing

Reaction score
i need to take mine in for a leak from the rear diff, noticed that about a month after i took it home, that sucks that youve got a leak!!:(