110 octane fuel??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
First off, im just gonna say (im no expert) that I know higher octane fuel does not make hp by itself. But reduces the chance of detonation when pushing for more hp... im also not saying im gonna be using 110, because for one, I don't know if there's any real benefits to gain on a factory tuned raptor (the 6.2), and its a bit more money obviously.

What im wondering is if there's was another factory fuel tune on the 6.2, like the 87 and 93 octane tunes? And if there is, are there any hp increases to go along with it, similar to the jump from 87 to 93 does?

Just in case, my flame suit is on! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubt you'd get much if any from 110 out of the available factory "aggressive" timing curve.
It would probably do more harm than good by building up carbon in the cylinders from the un burned left over fuel.

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
That's what I would think as well, unless say , there was some serious power adders goin on.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I would think as well, unless say , there was some serious power adders goin on.

Yeah or get a tune made that advanced the timing enough to take advantage. You could mix some 110 with 89 and see how she runs.