**RAPTOR** Desktop Windows Theme

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I would like to create a Windows theme that people can contribute pictures of their raptor's and we can have it on our Windows computers desktop. Kinda what Wilson did with the Calendar. Right now, I think it would be good to just have pictures and maybe later if this takes off, I can add sounds. I did a test so you can see. But downloading pictures from FRF are not in the best resolution due to how the site resizes to keep the images small.

You can download a test theme here that I created:
http://1drv.ms/1kkzLOn
(just double-click it to install and your background will change and rotate through them)

We can try sending higher resolution pictures to:
www.sendspace.com

Just upload the file, don't worry about emails (don't want to give these folks anything like that) and then it will provide you a link to download it. Post that back in this thread and I will download it. Once I get a dozen, I will re-create it so everyone can enjoy it. I will continue to add to it or create multiple ones if it gets too large.

Let me know what you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Am I missing something, I can't seem to open it.

It should download as RaptorTest.deskthemepack file? Double-click the file and it should automatically install as a Desktop theme and change it to it immediately.

What is happening exactly?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Interesting. Apparently .deskthemepack is only for Windows 8 because it supports the new panoramic themes now (which is cool btw). And I assume you are using Windows 7?

I'll have to get to a Windows 7 computer and see if I can create a .themepack file instead.

Thanks for the heads up.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. Apparently .deskthemepack is only for Windows 8 because it supports the new panoramic themes now (which is cool btw). And I assume you are using Windows 7?

I'll have to get to a Windows 7 computer and see if I can create a .themepack file instead.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yea, at work we run 7. Thanks