Friend is selling his 2008 F350 FX4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figured I'd put it up here to help him out. Price seems a tad high to me, but he did just replace the engine, both turbos, etc.

2008 F350 FX4 Crew Cab

His Ad:

20 inch Ambush XD wheels / Mickey Thompson MTZ 35x12.50x20LT Tires
Firestone Air Bags with on board air compressor
Reversible Goose Neck Hitch
Ranch Hand custom Bumper with 12k Super Winch and tow insert. Products
2 DVD Screens (One on the head unit / one over head unit)
Clifford Alarm & Remote Start
Navigation
Kenwood Head Unit (touch screen), Amp and Subwolfer (Hands free Bluetooth Mobile Phone Mic / Pandora capable)
Auto folding / Auto extending tow mirrors
Black on Black Leather Interior with weather tech liners
BMF Leveling Kit http://welddistribution.com/downloads/LFO-9300_2005-2009_Ford_F250-350_2Inch.jpg
S&B Cold Air Intake S&B Filters Cold Air Intake Kit (Cleanable Filter) 75-5054
Dash mounted Spartan Tuner (Absolutely the best tuner you can buy for ford) Spartan Diesel Technologies 6.7L Phalanx Flash Console
AFE Straight Pipe
Custom Dual Exhaust
Lariat FX4 Long Bed / Crew Cab
Integrated tail gate step
***Stock alloy rims & tires - included
***Stock cold air intake - included
***Stock DPF - Included (though I wouldn't use it)

I just put a brand new Ford Certified 6.4L in it in March 2013 - 3K miles ($17K at the diesel shop), 2 Brand New Turbos / Brand New Injectors / Brand New Radiator / Brand New Hoses / Brand New Belts... a whole new engine with a 2 year transferable warranty / unlimited miles (all receipts included). Make sure you remove your DPF's early fellas they are engine killers - trust me... I know. This truck will never have a DPF on it again (at least while I own it). It has absolutely everything on it you could ever want or need. It has approx. $12K in after market upgrades and averages between 17 to 18 MPG (when your not towing). This is seriously one of the coolest trucks on the road and it's in tip top shape. Hate to sell it, but I need to see if I can't recoup some of my diesel shop bill. (Dog box not included.)

(Note for you guys thinking of buying a used 6.4L PSD with 80K+ miles. The 6.4L is an awesome engine with great performance characteristics. The problem is, a poorly functioning DPF (which describes most of them) will bring it to its knees. Causing excessive REGEN cycles, which causes fuel to make its way into the crank case and eventually the corrosive diesel fuel will kill these engines - mine went at 105K. I learned this factoid the hard way. Don't make the same mistake I did... Buy something you know has been properly maintained or better yet... Buy one that's never had a DPF on it... )

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That may be the largest and heaviest front bumper I've seen since the trucks in Australia...

3E43K13q25L95qc5ted679710a6b34e6c168d.jpg

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He's got a lot of room to work on this truck too if anyone is interested in shooting him an offer.

(hope he doesn't see this)

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

That may be the largest and heaviest front bumper I've seen since the trucks in Australia...

Yeah, that sucker is big and heavy. We can set a cooler on the front bumper.....lots of room to work.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score

Clearly you've never been to Texas.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

I've been considering selling my dodge for something like this. I'd really like the 6.7 engine though.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The twin turbo 6.4 is a lot of truck, but I hear you on the 6.7 thing. The Mickey's will need to be replaced relatively soon (~20k miles probably). It seems like a great truck and tow vehicle.

He's not super motivated to sell it (hence the price...I think his wife just doesn't like it). So, it will probably still be here in CO if you want to look at it next month.