unbelievable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

az.hunter

Reaction score
Hey guys... not to hi-jack the thread, but I have some concerns about my order...

I ordered on 11/16-11/17 ('11 Screw), and (following along w/the other posts in the threads) anticipated that Ford would pull my order & get me a VIN issued by Christmas.

Well, Christmas & New Years came & went..., and, all along, I had been shooting e-mails out to my dealer at least every week...

After the new year, he informed me that Ford still hadn't pulled my order.

Last week, I requested info into the DORA and I have yet to hear back from him.

I haven't pressed the issue in the last week because I was aware of all of the recall issues..., but still, if my order was placed, shouldn't he be able to provide me w/the DORA... And, am I wrong in assuming that my order should have been pulled by now and a VIN issued?

Thanks in advance for any and all information that you could provide.

OP
OP
R

Ryun-o

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your input. I guess the longer I wait the more money I save for the down payment...lol

delt530

U.S. Army Captain
Reaction score
AZ hunter, i ordered mine same timeframe (11/20). My order didn't get pulled from the dealer until 13DEC10. I call Ford directly every monday. I finally recieved my VIN today, 1-10-11, but it still has "order processing" on the status. Atleast it's moving forward. I would be bugging the heck out of the dealer...so they wouldn't get annoyed i got the direct number for sales at Ford...and ask them to look up. All you need is the dealers ID number and your order number!

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Hey guys... not to hi-jack the thread, but I have some concerns about my order...

I ordered on 11/16-11/17 ('11 Screw), and (following along w/the other posts in the threads) anticipated that Ford would pull my order & get me a VIN issued by Christmas.

Well, Christmas & New Years came & went..., and, all along, I had been shooting e-mails out to my dealer at least every week...

I haven't pressed the issue in the last week because I was aware of all of the recall issues..., but still, if my order was placed, shouldn't he be able to provide me w/the DORA... And, am I wrong in assuming that my order should have been pulled by now and a VIN issued?

I just looked back through my emails and I got an email from Randy (HARLEY6LF250SDU) confirming my options and pricing back on 11/3. My truck was scheduled to be built today so I'm expecting an update any day now.

I do think that my situation is somewhat unique in that I opted to go through Randy. Had I gone through my local dealer as I had originally planned, I bet I'd still be waiting.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just in case anyone needs it, phone number for Ford is 1 800 392 3673. I cant remember what the prompts are to get to the right person but just talk to anyone and they will get you going.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As soon as your order was placed, your dealer should be able to give you a copy of your DORA = dealer order receipt acknowledgement

randy

az.hunter

Reaction score
Thanks everyone...

I am going to stop by there later this morning.

My family is actually a 3rd generation buying from this dealer and this would be probably my 6th or 7th truck from them since the mid 80's...

I am going to press the issue now and demand a copy of my DORA and hopefully, see if I can get anywhere this week.

Again, thanks for all of the replies...
I'll keep you posted...

Thanks;

az.hunter

Reaction score
Wow..., I thought I was bugging my dealer by calling/e-mailing him every couple of weeks.

I gave him a call yesterday and guess what..., he returned my call a couple of hours later and informed me that I HAVE A VIN...! And, it's been scheduled for production on 1/24...!

So..., it took almost 8 weeks to receive my VIN...
And, production is scheduled approximately 2 weeks after the VIN was issued...

No word on anticipated delivery at this point..., but that's fine.

Thanks again for all the replies guys...