Seat Belt - What's the Ford Part # (I want to turn chime off)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just did mine. I slow cruise the job site a lot of the day in my truck and other superintendents are constantly hopping in and out of shotgun... The seatbelt chimes were driving me nuts! For those of you too lazy to open up the manual to page 181, here's how you disable the BeltMinder chime:

-------------------------------

Before following procedure make sure that:
-parking brake is set
-gearshift is in park
-the ignition is in off position
-the driver and front passenger safety belts are unbuckled

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (do NOT start the engine)

2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off (approximately one minute)

STEP 3 MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 30 SECONDS AFTER SAFETY BELT WARNING LIGHT TURNS OFF

3. For the seating position being disabled, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 3 times, ending in the unbuckled state

(after step 3, the restraint system warning light (airbag light) will be turned on for 3 seconds)

4. Within approximately 7 seconds of the light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.

This will disable the BeltMinder feature for that seating position. As confirmation, the restraint system (seatbelt) warning light will flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds.

-------------------------------

At this point, you're golden. Do the same thing on the other side and then your seatbelt-chime-woes are a thing of the past. The serenity of silence is well worth the short time this process takes.

You can re-enable the seatbelt chime at any time by repeating this process.

As stated above, this process is a better alternative to putting a dummy latchplate into the buckle to avoid the chime, because using a dummy latchplate may adversely affect your airbag system.

****FordRaptorForum.com, it's staff members, and affiliates do not encourage you to operate your Raptor without wearing a seatbelt. This post is merely a how-to summary from the instruction manual; drivers/owners choosing to follow this procedure do so at their own risk. Please see manual (p. 181) for all applicable warnings and safety instructions.

hmmm does this work on an 08 super duty? my dads always bitching about it in his truck.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pgs 183, 184 in your manual.

Quote:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the on position. DO NOT START THE
ENGINE.
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately one
minute)
• Step 3 must be completed within 30 seconds after the safety belt
warning light turns off.
3. For the seating position being disabled, buckle then unbuckle the
safety belt three times, ending in the unbuckled state.
• After Step 3, the restraint system warning light (airbag light) will be
turned on for three seconds.
4. Within approximately seven seconds of the light turning off, buckle
then unbuckle the safety belt.
• This will disable the Belt-Minder feature for that seating position if it
is currently enabled. As confirmation, the restraint system warning
light will flash four times per second for three seconds.
• This will enable the Belt-Minder feature for that seating position if it
is currently disabled. As confirmation, the restraint system warning
light will flash four times per second for three seconds, followed by
three seconds with the light off, then followed by the restraint system
warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds again.