Raptor Outsells...Ridgeline?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I keep seeing more articles comparing any given random truck to the Raptor. The editors seem to gravitate toward glorifying the Raptor as by comparison to any other truck. Here's the latest.

Making the Raptor a standard, a bar, to which all other trucks must aspire is great and all, but what I found interesting in this particular one was that 80% of April Raptor sales were Crews, and black was the most popular color choice.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
No surprise that crew cabs are being sold more, there was a huge market for it and by the time it finally came out, the Raptor had already been out and made itself known to alot more people.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's cool and all, but how many of those people will use a raptor as a mall crawler? I just hope it doesn't turn into what the H2 has..they tuned that thing more towards the soccer mom than a highly tuned off road capable vehicle.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
That's cool and all, but how many of those people will use a raptor as a mall crawler? I just hope it doesn't turn into what the H2 has..they tuned that thing more towards the soccer mom than a highly tuned off road capable vehicle.

Lol - well I've certainly tried my best to dispell the 'soccer mom' myth with my Raptor this weekend!

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The H2 was never more capable than a suburban 2500, since that is essentially what frame and suspension was used to construct it. It's an appearance package with a larger engine (6.0l vs 5.3l in the Tahoe's) and a rear locker. Nothing special and has ZERO in combination with an H1 - they are not of the same lineage.

I use my raptor as a mall crawler - so what? The roads in DC are shit and every once in awhile we get a couple feet of snow. I'd rather buy a truck that is already lifted and has more curb appeal than a regular F150 but still retains the factory warranty. I grew up in the desert (AZ/CA) and spent most of my free time riding dirt bikes or sand rails. The Raptor struck a cord with me so I bought it, the idea that I am somehow less of a man because I no longer live near the desert is retarded.

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think everyone wants to stay somewhat unique
I Have to admit it sucked ass yesterday at one red light i shared the intersection with 3 other raptors. We judged each other like women wearing the same shoes.
Counting mine there was 3 black ones. I think im going to be looking better once i put all the crap i ordered on. Also im gonna end up with a wrap just to make it different then factory colors.
But u gotta admit that ford hit a homerun with this beast!

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
That I wouldn't like. I like to see another because they are Sooo rare where I live, but to see them all the time would take some of the fun out of driving it everywhere.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ive seen 1 Raptor now and it was a white scab. so my Molten Orange Screw should stick out a lil in my area. and yeah.... ill be a bit of a street queen with some fun on the side :(

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
The biggest issue for me is that the trails in the northern Sierra are geared towards Jeep-sized vehicles. The Raptor would have a tough time negotiating the narrow trails without getting scratched to Hell and back. I'm all about having fun with the truck but I'm not about to willingly destroy it.